Indore: Indore Municipal Corporation’s (IMC) notices to three tenants of the rickety building on the jail road sparked a fresh row.
Denying media reports about the demolition drive to be carried out in Jail road area on Tuesday, Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Deputy Commissioner Mahendra Singh Chauhan on Sunday claimed he has not received any written document about the same till late Sunday evening.
IMC demolition drive on Jail Road was obstructed by BJP MLA Akash Vijayvargiya’s bat attack on IMC officer Wednesday last and the drive to demolish the said building was stopped.
The civic authority was reported to carry out the same drive on Tuesday in multiple media reports. However, senior IMC official’s denial gave a new twist to the tale.
In fact, IMC had put up three notices on the same building, saying that “the IMC drive to demolish the said rickety building will be carried out on June 30”. But June 30 was being Sunday and the weekly off day of the government offices and departments, no drive was carried out.
Now it has raised many eyebrows as to why the civic authority chose June 30 as the day for demolition drive and who pasted the notices for the three tenants of the building?
Meanwhile, according to media reports, the IMC officials would reach the spot and demolish the remaining portion of the dilapidated building on Tuesday.
But when approached by the Free Press, IMC deputy Commissioner Mahendra Singh Chauhan denied receiving any schedule regarding the said drive.
“For any demolition drive, not only IMC but police force and administration are also approached. So far, I have no information about the drive and I have also not received any letter regarding the same,” Chauhan said.
When asked further about the multiple media reports, the officer said, “I have no clue. How media can report about a drive about which we have not received anything in writing.”
“Everyone has right to express and so anyone can say anything but that does not define the actions of the municipal corporation. If we receive orders, we will definitely carry out the drive but as of now, I have nothing in writing relating to the drive,” he added.