Indore-Laxmibai Nagar gauge work to be over by month end

Indore-Laxmibai Nagar gauge work to be over by month end

FPJ BureauUpdated: Saturday, June 01, 2019, 02:00 AM IST
article-image

Indore : Gauge conversion work of Laxmibai Nagar-Indore railway track section would be over by this month end, paving way for the cabling work will start.

Sources said gauge conversion of only 4 km-long Laxmibai Nagar-Indore section out of 40-km-long Indore-Fatehabad route remained incomplete. The track between Fatehabad-Laxmibai Nagar was approved for rail traffic by the Commissioner, Railway Safety last year and accordingly, movement of trains started from October last year. But just 4 km long Laxmibai Nagar-Indore section could not be completed even after 6 months.

A railway source said that the delay was due to an incomplete bridge over the Khan River and up-gradation of platforms there. Source added that though the laying of BG tracks was completed earlier, but cabling and signaling work would be done in near future.

Sources said that rail traffic would not start for now, as the gauge conversion work from Rajkumar Mill ROB to the main station is not yet finished. The construction department will now focus on two new platforms at Bal Vinay Mandir end and main railway station.

RECENT STORIES

Madhya Pradesh's Abhishek Panwar Represents UN Social Development Summit

Madhya Pradesh's Abhishek Panwar Represents UN Social Development Summit

Indore News: 16-Year-Old Boy Dies After Chinese Manjha Slits His Neck In Tejaji Nagar

Indore News: 16-Year-Old Boy Dies After Chinese Manjha Slits His Neck In Tejaji Nagar

MP CM Mohan Yadav Gets Son Married At Mass Ceremony In Ujjain; Ramdev, Dhirendra Shastri, Scindia...

MP CM Mohan Yadav Gets Son Married At Mass Ceremony In Ujjain; Ramdev, Dhirendra Shastri, Scindia...

MP CM Mohan Yadav’s Son’s Wedding: Jyotiraditya Scindia Attends Baraat, Baba Ramdev Chants...

MP CM Mohan Yadav’s Son’s Wedding: Jyotiraditya Scindia Attends Baraat, Baba Ramdev Chants...

Indore News: Permits Of 135 Buses More Than 15-Years Old Cancelled

Indore News: Permits Of 135 Buses More Than 15-Years Old Cancelled