Shani Jayanti is a popular Hindu festival that is celebrated every year to honour Lord Shani.
Shani Amavasya denotes the combination of two panchang elements - Amavasya Tithi and Shani Vaar.
Date and Time of Shani Jayanti:
This year, Shani Jayanti falls on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Amavasya Tithi begins at 13:57 on June 9, 2021 and ends at 16: 22 on June 10, 2021.
When Amavasya falls on a Saturday, the result is Shani Amavasya. The day of Shani Amavasya is dedicated to Shani Dev, the God of Justice.
As per Panchang, Shani Jayanti is celebrated on the new moon day of Jyeshtha month every year. It is said that worshipping him on this day protects the person from the evil eye and blesses them with happiness.
Shani is the God of karma, justice and retribution in the Hindu religion and delivers results to all, depending upon their thoughts, speech and deeds which could be a positive or negative impact on their lives. He also signifies penance, discipline and conscientious work.
Ways to appease Lord Shani:
1. Make a meal of urad dal khichdi and feed the hungry people
2. Clean your home and get rid of all the material waste that has been lying for the longest possible time.
3. Offer him mustard oil and sesame seeds and chant mantra: Om Praam Preem Praom Saha Shanayshchraey Namah.
4. Worship the Peepal tree and the crow
5. Make donations
6. Worship Lord Hanuman and devote your time to him.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)