'Attackers Said Go Tell Modi': Wife Of Pahalgam Victim Says Terrorist Assault Was 'Aimed At Hindus'

'Attackers Said Go Tell Modi': Wife Of Pahalgam Victim Says Terrorist Assault Was 'Aimed At Hindus'

The victim, identified as Manjunath, was a resident of Shivamogga, who was vacationing in the valley with his wife Pallavi and their young son.

Aditi SuryavanshiUpdated: Thursday, April 24, 2025, 09:35 AM IST
article-image
'Attackers Said Go Tell Modi': Wife Of Pahalgam Victim Says Terrorist Assault Was 'Aimed At Hindus' | (Photo Courtesy: X/@PoornimaNimo)

Pahalgam: A Karnataka man was brutally killed in a terror attack that shook Jammu & Kashmir’s Pahalgam on Tuesday, April 22. The victim, identified as Manjunath, was a resident of Shivamogga, who was vacationing in the valley with his wife Pallavi and their young son.

The deceased’s wife, recounting the terrifying incident, told India Today, “Three of us – me, my husband and our son – had gone to Kashmir. It happened around 1:30 PM, I think. We were at Pahalgam. He died on the spot, in front of my eyes. It still feels like a bad dream.”

Here's a video of the couple before the attack took place:

'Attackers Targeted Hindus'

Pallavi alleged that the terrorists deliberately targeted Hindus. “Three to four people attacked us. I told them – kill me too, you’ve already killed my husband. One of them said, ‘I won’t kill you. Go tell this to Modi,’” she told the publication.

She further requested the authorities to provide assistance in bringing her husband’s body back to Shivamogga, at the earliest. She added that transporting the body would be challenging without airlifting and stressed the need for it to be returned without delay.

Karnataka Government Reacts

In response to the incident, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah condemned the terrorist attack in a post on X (formerly Twitter).

“Kannadigas are among the victims of this shocking incident. Upon receiving the news, I convened an emergency meeting and reviewed the situation with the Chief Secretary and senior police officials," he wrote.

The Chief Minister further assured that his government is monitoring the developments closely and will provide all necessary assistance to the bereaved family. “Please be assured, the Government of Karnataka stands firmly with those affected,” he added.

The family had been enjoying their vacation, staying in a houseboat and had taken a shikara ride just a day before the attack took place.

RECENT STORIES

UPSSSC Launches Mobile App To Streamline Exam Updates For 25 Lakh Candidates

UPSSSC Launches Mobile App To Streamline Exam Updates For 25 Lakh Candidates

CCG Launches Tree Plantation Drive, Educates Students On Environmental Responsibility

CCG Launches Tree Plantation Drive, Educates Students On Environmental Responsibility

Yogi Adityanath Slams SP, Congress Over Sambhal Violence, Highlights ₹570-Crore Projects In...

Yogi Adityanath Slams SP, Congress Over Sambhal Violence, Highlights ₹570-Crore Projects In...

West Bengal News: CBI Questions TMC MLA Atin Ghosh In RG Kar Hospital Corruption Probe - VIDEO

West Bengal News: CBI Questions TMC MLA Atin Ghosh In RG Kar Hospital Corruption Probe - VIDEO

'State Govt Will Provide All Possible Support For The Preservation Of Rare Manuscripts': Chief...

'State Govt Will Provide All Possible Support For The Preservation Of Rare Manuscripts': Chief...