Delhi: Six people of a family were found dead in their house in the Shastri Park area. They inhaled carbon monoxide produced as a result of the overnight burning of mosquito repellant while they were sleeping, said DCP North East district.
Four men, one woman and a 1.5-year-old baby lost were among those who lost their lives.
Mosquito coil caused fire in the house
According to sources, the family had lit a mosquito coil in the house which fell on the mattress. The mattress caught fire which led to the room getting filled with smoke causing suffocation and the eventual death of the family members.
The family members were sleeping in a room on the first floor of the house. Two other family members had sustained severe injuries in the fire.
This is a breaking news. More details are awaited.
(To receive our E-paper on WhatsApp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)