Ahmedabad: On the fifth anniversary of the Mumbai terror attacks today, the Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi said Centre’s failure to bring the real perpetrators of 26/11 to justice is disappointing.
“Centre’s failure to bring the real perpetrators of 26/11 to justice is disappointing. It is high time Centre acts decisively,” Modi said in a series of tweets today.
“26/11 is a grim reminder of the security threat that India faces. Let us assure families of the victims that sacrifice of their near ones will not go in vain…Time to work towards a stronger and safer India,” he said.
“I join my fellow countrymen in remembering all those who lost their lives in the cowardly terror attacks in Mumbai on 26th November 2008. Due to 26/11 attacks we lost our heroes who put duty before self, who sacrificed themselves for the nation. Salute to them!,” BJP’s prime ministerial candidate further said.
Five years ago, ten LeT terrorists launched coordinated attacks across the key locations in the country’s financial capital killing 166 people, including policeman, NSG commandos and some foreigners.
Lone surviving Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab, who was nabbed after the carnage, was hanged in Pune’s Yerawada Jail on November 21 last year. Nine terrorists were killed by the security forces in the operation against them.
India has been demanding that the perpetrators of the Mumbai carnage should be brought to justice and Pakistan should swiftly conclude the 26/11 trial of the accused.