New Delhi: Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary today moved the Delhi High Court seeking anticipatory bail in a case registered against him for telecast of a show allegedly based on forged documents against Jindal Group in connection with Coalgate.
Justice R V Easwar, before whom the matter came up for hearing, posted the matter for July 3.
The trial court had earlier this month dismissed Chaudhary’s anticipatory bail plea after a fresh FIR was filed against him by the Jindal Group, saying the probe in the matter is at an initial stage.
Chaudhary in his bail plea has said that the case was filed against him due to “a grudge as he is the editor of the channel which is running in public interest news against Jindal group regarding their involvement in coal scam.”
He also denied that any forged documents have been used by him.
Police had registered a fresh case of forgery against Chaudhary for telecasting in October 2012 a show titled “media ka sauda” and showing on screen what they claimed to be a part of CAG report but it was found to be forged.
The prosecution had opposed his plea for anticipatory bail before the trial court and said while showing the documents on screen, Chaudhary had wrongly claimed that CAG report makes it clear how Naveen Jindal and companies associated with him have benefited substantially and illegally in coal block allocation.
The Public Prosecutor had contended that the annexures shown during the programme were not part of the CAG report but were forged and fabricated documents.
It was also alleged that the news channel had showed documents of certain companies with the name of Jindal as their promoter when in fact he does not have any kind of relationship with those firms.