Nepali woman gangraped at 3  different places

Mumbai : A 20-year-old woman was raped by three different men at three different locations in one day in Mumbai. The police has arrested two who have been booked on gangrape charges. The police are in search of the third accused who is absconding. One of the accused is the employer of victim’s husband whereas the others were found to be close friends of the victim’s husband.

“On Friday night Nagpada police had an information that a woman from Nepal has been sold in Kamathipura in flesh-trade business. Soon after a lodge in Kamathipura named A1 was raided late on Friday night where the accused Pervez Shaikh, 20, was caught in the lodge with the victim”, said Pravin Salunke, additional commissioner of police (central region).

Nepali woman gangraped at 3  different places

Apart from Pervez the police said the victim was also raped by Zulfikhar Shaikh, 26, and Feroze Shaikh the same day at three different locations in Nagpada jurisdiction. Salunke further added that, the victim’s husband who was working in a workshop of Zulfikhar at Dagad Chawl, Madanpura for the last couple of years, which the victim had also visited.

“Over a fight with her husband in Nepal the victim left her home and came to Mumbai by Pawan Express, Kurla, on Friday morning at and came to Madanpura, where she asked her husband’s employer Zulfikhar to give her some work. Zulfikhar took the advantage of the victim and raped her at his workshop on Friday morning”, said Salunke.

A police source said the victim was called by Afsar, a Nepali who runs a small workshop at the same place and who is also a close relative of the victim’s family. He had allegedly planned to take advantage of the dispute between the victim’s husband and her by calling her at Mumbai.

Soon after the incident, Zulfikhar dropped the victim near Baby Maidan, Agripada, where another absconding accused Feroze, her husband’s friend came to help her. Here he took the victim to some unknown lodge and raped her at around 11 am the same day and again left her at the same place in the Agripada locality, said police.

“Since the accused who had raped the victim at second location is not arrested, we are unable to find the exact location where the same crime was committed for the second time”, said Salunke.

The victim who was waiting at Baby Maidan, was later contacted by Afsar where she explained her the story and Afsar asked her to return to Nepal.

“On the same night Afsar took the victim to CST Station but they were not able to find a train to Nepal in the night. Meanwhile, Afsar asked his nephew Pervez to take the victim to some restaurant to have some food. But instead Pervez took the victim to the lodge where he raped her on Friday night”, said V V Savade, senior police inspector, Nagpada.

Zulfikhar and Pervez were arrested under the section of gangrape, 376 of IPC, whereas accused Feroze is absconding after the incident.

The police said the trio after raping her had asked her to take a bath.

The victim has been admitted to JJ Hospital for check-up where she is facing tremendous pain in her stomach, said Womens Rights Activist and Advocate Yasmeen Shaikh.

(To download our E-paper please click here. The publishers permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal