Sridevi and family’s lucky escape from fire

The fire was caused by a short circuit in the air-conditioner of a bedroom on the second floor of the two-storied residence

Sridevi and family’s lucky escape from fire

A fire devastated an entire floor of Boney Kapoor and Sridevi’s Andheri home on Saturday evening. Due to this incident, the couple along with their daughters and Sridevi’s mother-in-law had to move into a hotel.

Sources said that the fire was caused by a short circuit in the air-conditioner of a bedroom on the second floor of the two-storied bungalow. And further added that the family was shocked, but safe. “Luckily, everyone managed to get out in time. But the entire floor stands devastated. However no lives were subjected to any danger. So much so that the pet dogs too were taken out safely,” confirms Sridevi’s manager.
“The ground floor of the house, which has the living room and kitchen, needs to be cleared of water and charred objects to assess the damage. The first floor was damaged by smoke and water while the second floor, which had the bedrooms, was completely burnt,” added Sridevi’s manager.
He added that Sridevi’s complete wardrobe was destroyed along with quite a lot of paintings that she had worked on herself. Sources close to the family said that the family had lost assets and valuables worth lakhs of rupees, which were not insured. But the secretary refused to comment on it.
However, the fire brigade officials confirmed that the cause of the fire was a short circuit in the air conditioning unit.

Lipika Varma

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in