The Indo-American Society (IAS) was formed as a forum for intellectual and cultural exchange and for the promotion of friendship between the peoples of India and America. As part of its activities, the society has been offering several vocational and development courses to students, who have benefitted greatly from them. The courses include:
About the Course: To help improve English conversation, the course deals with all the basic tenses, articles, adverbs, prepositions and conversation useful for all occasions. Course material will be provided.
The course has been specially designed for students who have studied in a language medium other than English and who have not grasped the basics in English.
Course content: Grammar, conversation, and vocabulary building
Advanced English Conversation – 4 weeks
This course helps to develop greater fluency in language. It teaches the participants correct usage of grammar, helps them to develop vocabulary, and instills confidence in speaking through sessions of debates, impromptu speech, etc. Depending on each group activities are undertaken to build language skills. Course material will be provided.
Anyone who has working knowledge of English but needs to further polish it working people, students (including vernacular students) can apply.
- Fluency in language: Constant practice in conversational day to day English enables you to speak without fumbling and struggling. It helps you to express yourself effortlessly.
- Reviewing grammar: We teach you the correct usage and grammar so that you do not make mistakes.
- Vocabulary development: We work upon your vocabulary to give you that edge over others.
- Instilling confidence: After the preceding three steps of our course, we have sessions of debates, impromptu speaking, etc. which will give you the required confidence to upgrade your life.
Personality Development – 1 week
The Personality Development programme focuses self analysis – it helps you to work on your strengths, develop motivational strategies to act consistently towards success, develop a passion for whatever you do, enhance your relationships and achieve personal excellence.
Modules include- Understanding Yourself, Overcoming Shyness, Developing Good Communication Skills, Listening Skills, Motivation, Building a Strong Self-image, The Art of Solving Problems, Developing a Good Self Esteem, Goal Setting and Planning for the Future.
Public Speaking & Communication Skills – 1 week or 2 weeks
- Through video recording and action replay, speak with confidence and style in any situation.
- Conquer forever the fear of speaking before a small audience.
- Take command of your audience with authority and presence.
- Make a strong impression at meetings and presentations.
- Enhance career and job performance.
Snap, click, khatak. Don’t you wish that taking great pictures was as simple as that? Yet, even with the latest automatic camera in your possession, something still seems to be missing. The photography course puts you in the picture, helping you understand and master your camera, its accessories and techniques in a systematic and scientific way, teaching you the basic principles behind snappier snaps and more creative photos.
Advanced Certificate Course in Export – Import
The Exports programme focuses on markets, products, business methods and procedures, and the imports programme on EXIM Policy, customs, and cenvat. This course provides an in-depth informative and practical training with individual guidance. It deals with WTO implications on India’s exports and imports.
The programme is supported with course material.
Fast Reading and Memory Efficiency
Today’s competitive age demands mastery in different skills. To master any skill, you have to have knowledge and the power to retain that knowledge. Reading faster helps you to get more knowledge in less time, and efficient, trained memory helps you to retain that knowledge. Both these skills give you a clear edge in your career and life, over others. Improved performance in any walk of life is directly related to the utilisation of mental resources. Memory and reading are basic human skills and by tapping into these mental resources, you can improve success in any field.