7th February 2019 – St. Regis, Mumbai: This was the second edition of legal risk management conducted by Transformance Forums. The discussion included key stages in organization’s legal risk management framework and plan that enable lawyers on ground to make best possible risk reward decisions. What are practical challenges in formulating a process for Legal risk management? What are key phases to overcome these challenges? How can one anticipate and react to changing developments in legal environment for effective legal risk management strategy?
Risk advice: How do you set the tone of your organization’s legal risk tolerance and sensitizing board members and key stakeholders on overall legal risk?
Legal Risk communication: How do you ensure that your organization is aware and focused on legal risks and its fallout and how do you proactively advise business division on legal risks involved?
Topics of discussion were:
- Is risk of Me Too real for top Honchos like seen in Flipkart or is it mitigatable?
- Cyber security and legal risk management
- Legal risk identification
- Best Practices in Evaluating and Assessing Legal Risk and fraud control
- Compliance risk in an over overburdened regulatory regime
- Adapting framework to manage legal risk for business
- Legal Crisis management
- Comprehending and Managing India’s unique Litigation Risks
- Dispute risk Management
- Managing litigation risk in commercial relationships
- Social/Religious obligations versus regulatory compliance’s
- Practical Discussion: Building an internal system for Legal Risk Management
- Contractual Risk Management in a service provider perspective
Our Expert Speakers were Rajeev Chopra, Managing Director – Legal, Accenture; Sameer Guha, India Legal Counsel and Director, Mars International India Pvt. Ltd.; Atul Juvle, General Counsel, Compliance officer & CS- India & South Asia,Schindler India Private Limited; Zameer Nathani, General Counsel and Sr. Vice President, UFO Moviez India Limited; Madhu Sivaram Muttathil, Corporate Counsel, Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.; Rajinder Sharma, Strategic Board Advisor on Legal, Ethics & Compliance, Corporate Affairs; Divya Kumat Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer & Company Secretary Datamatics Global Services Ltd.; Kiran Chitale Country Head of Legal, Commercial, Innovation and Technology Legal, India Barclays Global Service Centre Pvt. Ltd.
This conference helped participants measure and manage legal risk and also protect yourself and organization stakeholders from the Legal Risks you and the organization is surrounded with.
Our media partners at the summit were: Free Press Journal , TradeBriefs
Source: Transformance Forums