Bhopal: Lokayukta police nab employment assistant, husband bribing Rs 20,000

Bhopal: Lokayukta police nab employment assistant, husband bribing Rs 20,000

The officer had demanded Rs 80,000 from a contractor as commission against road construction.

Staff ReporterUpdated: Friday, July 09, 2021, 01:22 AM IST
article-image

BHOPAL: Lokayukta police have caught an employment assistant and her husband red-handed for taking Rs 20,000 bribe on Thursday.

The employment assistant Neetu Bhargava and her husband Vinay Bhargava, who is a teacher, were arrested by Lokayukta police. The SP Manu Vyas informed that the complainant Vaibhav Bhargava, a contractor had alleged that the employment assistant was demanding commission for the contract he got for the construction of two roads in village Dillod of Bhopal district.

The roads were constructed at a cost of Rs 36 lakh. The 60 per cent of the amount was transferred into the accounts of labourers and the remaining 40 per cent was to be given to the contractor.

Neetu was demanding the commission of Rs 80,000 from the contractor. He paid Rs 30,000 to the officialís husband Vinay, who allegedly handled all the 'work' of Neetu.

Vinay asked the contractor to hand over the remaining Rs 50,000. The contractor told Vijay that he could only arrange Rs 20,000. Vaibhav then approached Lokayukta and filed a complaint.. After the verification, the sleuths laid a trap. The couple managed to dodge the Lokayukta team thrice. In the first plan, it was decided that Vaibhav would hand over the cash to Vinay at his residence in village Dillod. However, when the contractor went to Vinayís †home he was informed that the teacher was visiting the Karond area. When the contractor reached Karond, once again Vinay stated that he had left the place and was standing near Manohar Dairy. Vaibhav reached MP Nagar and found the couple sitting in the car. When the contractor was giving the cash to Vinay, the Lokayukta sleuths caught him red-handed.

RECENT STORIES

Madhya Pradesh: Two International Companies In Race To Sell Aircraft To State

Madhya Pradesh: Two International Companies In Race To Sell Aircraft To State

Madhya Pradesh: More Changes In State Bureaucracy Likely, Major Reshuffle In The Offing

Madhya Pradesh: More Changes In State Bureaucracy Likely, Major Reshuffle In The Offing

Madhya Pradesh: Weather Conducive, Kanha Tiger Reserve Pondering Over Cheetal Translocation To Kuno

Madhya Pradesh: Weather Conducive, Kanha Tiger Reserve Pondering Over Cheetal Translocation To Kuno

Bhopal: On Line Of Chipko Movement, Women Cling To Trees, Protest Against Proposed Felling Of 29k...

Bhopal: On Line Of Chipko Movement, Women Cling To Trees, Protest Against Proposed Felling Of 29k...

MP Weather Update: Cloudy Weather Brings Relief In Bhopal, Wait For Monsoon Continues

MP Weather Update: Cloudy Weather Brings Relief In Bhopal, Wait For Monsoon Continues