BHOPAL: A corrugated boxes manufacturing unit ‘Box Craft’ located in Industrial Area, Govindpura was gutted in a fire that broke out due to short circuit on the intervening night of Thursday-Friday. Loss is estimated to be of Rs 10 lakh. Dozens of fire engines were deployed to douse the fire.

The loss would have crossed the Rs 50 lakh figure if fire brigade would not have taken timely action. The fire brigade swiftly swung into action and douses the fire immediately. However, it took a couple of hours to put off the fire completely.

Akhtar Ali, in-charge of fire brigade unit located at Pull Bogda fire station, said, “Fire broke out due to short circuit. It was corrugated box unit in  Govindpura. Entire unit has been gutted in fire. However, we acted swiftly but as the raw material is paper, the fire spread pretty fast. Dozens of fire tenders were dispatched to douse the fire.”

Unit owner Punit Agrawal said, “It would have been a major incident and my loss would have been up to Rs 50 lakh as huge raw material was dumped. But fire brigade swung into action timely and swiftly so fire which broke out due to short circuit, doused it with couple of hours. Loss is estimated to be up to Rs 10 lakh.”

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in