Iran Sends Fresh Peace Proposal To US Through Pakistan Amid West Asia War
Iran submitted a fresh 14-point peace proposal to the US on May 18 through mediator Pakistan, aiming to end the West Asia war. Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed Tehran’s response to Washington’s latest proposal was conveyed via Islamabad. A Pakistani source told Reuters the message was delivered through backchannels.

Iran Sends Fresh Peace Proposal To US Through Pakistan Amid West Asia War | IANS
Iran on May 18 submitted its latest peace proposal to the United States to end the war in West Asia through mediator Pakistan.
Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei, during a press briefing on May 18, said that Tehran's response to the latest US proposal had been conveyed to the American side through mediator Pakistan, as reported by the Tasnim news agency.
A Pakistani source told news agency Reuters that the proposal contains 14 points and was conveyed to Washington through backchannels. “We don’t have much time,” the source added.
ALSO READ
Earlier on May 17, US President Donald Trump appeared to issue a veiled warning amid escalating tensions in the Middle East by sharing an AI-generated image accompanied by the message, “It was the calm before the storm.” The post came amid reports that Trump was holding discussions with senior aides over the possibility of resuming air strikes on Iran.
The image, posted on his social media platform, showed Trump wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat alongside a US Navy admiral aboard a naval vessel surrounded by turbulent seas and flashes of lightning. Iranian ships visible in the background added to the post’s confrontational symbolism, with many interpreting it as a message aimed at Tehran during a fragile phase in regional geopolitics.
The post also coincided with reports suggesting the Trump administration was considering key decisions on Iran policy. According to The New York Times, Trump was expected to make a major call on the issue, with officials reportedly discussing contingency plans for renewed military action should diplomatic negotiations fail.
RECENT STORIES
-
Navi Mumbai: NMMC Urges Residents To Segregate Waste Under New Solid Waste Management Rules 2026 -
Maharashtra Governor Jishnu Dev Varma Visits Woodcraft Exhibition By Differently-Abled Children Run... -
Navi Mumbai Tragedy: 23-Year-Old Biker Dies After Crashing Into Stationary Container Truck In... -
US Agrees To Temporary Iran Oil Sanctions Waiver During Talks: Report -
'Government Positive On Resolving Fishermen’s Issues Over Nhava-Sheva–Sewri Sea Link Project,'...
