Dreaded gangster from Navi Mumbai involved in several heinous crimes arrested in Goa
The team worked in collaboration with the Panaji police and on Saturday night, intercepted Deshmukh just as he was about to enter the Majestic Pride casino in Panjim.

Photo: Representative Image
A history-sheeter with a string of serious offences registered against him in Navi Mumbai was arrested from Goa on Saturday night in a joint operation between the Navi Mumbai and Goa police.
According to police officials, the accused, Vikrant Deshmukh, is behind a series of crimes taking place in and around the Ulwe area in Navi Mumbai.
"With a new airport slated to be built in Ulwe, real estate prices in the area have been on the rise and Deshmukh was capitalising on this by extorting builders and businessmen from the area. The cases registered against him range from murder, extortion, kidnapping, assault and criminal intimidation. He was also booked under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act. He was most recently wanted in a murder case registered with the Nerul police station last month. We had been on his trail since then," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Sureshkumar Mengade, Navi Mumbai Crime Branch.
Through consistent technical and human intelligence, the Navi Mumbai crime branch finally confirmed that he was in Goa and sent a team there earlier this week. The team worked in collaboration with the Panaji police and on Saturday night, intercepted Deshmukh just as he was about to enter the Majestic Pride casino in Panjim.
"We searched the accused and found that he was carrying a pistol and five live rounds, after which a case was registered against him with the Panaji police. They arrested him and he has been remanded in their custody for four days. We will seek his custody and bring him to Mumbai soon," Mengade said.
The police will first seek his custody in connection with the Nerul murder case and later in the other cases registered against him, informed the Dy CP.
The police have also found that several of his victims have still not registered complaints against him due to fear. They have appealed to people to come forward and lodge formal complaints so that action can be taken against the accused.
RECENT STORIES
-
‘Journey Began In 1967 Continues With Same Dedication’: Maha Deputy CM Sunetra Pawar On Sharad... -
IND VS SA T20 WC26: Jasprit Bumrah Breaks Ravi Ashwin's Record After Magical Spell, Becomes India's... -
'Unko Har Cheez Se Dikkat Hain': The Kerala Story 2 Director Kamakhya Narayan Singh Hits Back At... -
Armed Man Shot Dead After Attempting To Enter Donald Trump’s Resort Mar-a-Lago In Florida -
VIDEO: Dewald Brevis Hits Stunning 'No Look' Six Off Varun Chakravarthy In IND VS SA T20 WC26 Clash
