Kangana Ranaut Defamation Case: Javed Akhtar Summoned To Appear Before Mumbai Court On Aug 5
Kangana Ranaut had filed an FIR against Javed Akhtar alleging criminal intimidation and insult to the modesty of a woman after the veteran writer registered a defamation complaint against her following an interview in 2021.

Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar has been summoned by a Mumbai court in the defamation case filed by actress Kangana Ranaut, alleging extortion and insulting woman’s modesty under IPC.
The 78-year-old has been asked to appear before the Court on August 5.
Kangana filed an FIR against Akhtar under Sections 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (insult to the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code after the veteran writer registered a defamation complaint against her following an interview in 2021.
ALSO READ
Kangana Ranaut's accusations against Javed Akhtar
Kangana had alleged in an TV news interview in the backdrop of the suicide of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, that the lyricist had called her to his residence for a meeting and asked her to compromise with Hrithik Roshan, with whom she was then embroiled in a controversy.
She further alleged that he had told her that if she does not do the needful, she would land in jail or commit suicide.
Bollywood legend's reply to the 'Queen' actress's claims
Akhtar mentioned in his defamation complaint through Advocates Jay Bharadwaj and Priya Arora, that Kangana had dragged his name in a sensitive case and falsely accused him, damaging his reputation.
Akhtar had testified before a magistrate court last month in the criminal defamation case he filed against Kangana in 2020, saying that “What she said in the interview is a lie and nothing but a lie!”.
RECENT STORIES
-
Rajasthan News: Jaipur Jewelers Hit Hard As US Imposes 50% Tariff On Gems & Jewelry Exports -
SIDBI Recruitment 2025: Admit Card For 76 Manager Posts Out; Here's How To Download -
Formula 1: Max Verstappen Uses Bare Hands To Dig Out Tyre After Sliding Into Gravel During Dutch... -
Gwalior All Set To Host 2-Day Regional Tourism Conclave; CM Mohan Yadav To Attend On August 30 -
Woman Mistakes Singapore Prison For IKEA Outlet, Leaves Netizens In Splits; WATCH VIDEO