'No Oil Will Leave Hormuz': Iran Warns Nations Joining US Economic Siege
Iran’s top security official Mohsen Rezaei warned that countries joining the US economic pressure campaign against Tehran would be treated as enemies. He said Iran would negotiate first but retaliate if nations refused to stay away. Tehran also warned that oil exports through the Strait of Hormuz could be blocked if neighbouring countries support the US campaign.

'No Oil Will Leave Hormuz': Iran Warns Nations Joining US Economic Siege | X
Tehran, Aug 23: Iran's top security official Mohsen Rezaei warned that any country participating in the US economic war against Iran will be considered an "enemy" by Tehran.
Iran issues warning to countries
Rezaei, the secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, made the remarks on Saturday in an interview with state-run IRIB TV.
He said Iran would first negotiate with such countries and ask them to stay out of the conflict, but warned that if they refuse, Tehran will strike their interests, and that if surrounding countries choose to join the US siege, Iran "will not let even a single drop of oil be exported from the Strait of Hormuz."
He noted that Iran has learned how to bypass US sanctions and continue oil sales over the years, Xinhua news agency reported.
Hormuz warning reiterated
Rezaei also repeated that the Hormuz Strait will remain closed unless the United States fulfils its commitments under the Iran-US peace memorandum of understanding signed in June, adding that Washington must act first this time.
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi said that the US anti-Iran economic operation is doomed to fail like its other coercive measures against the country.
"14 years ago: 'Most crippling sanctions in history.' Failed. 8 years ago: 'Maximum pressure.' Failed. 5 months ago: 'Unconditional surrender.' Failed. Today: 'Most crushing economic operation ever.' Bound to fail," Araghchi posted on social media platform X.
US announces economic measures
The remarks came after US President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday "the most crushing economic operation ever taken" against any country providing a lifeline to Iran, describing it as an "economic warfare and isolation on an unprecedented scale."
"This will be Economic Warfare and Isolation on an unprecedented scale," Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the move "an ECONOMIC D-DAY."
Also Watch:
MoU talks remain uncertain
On June 18, the United States and Iran signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war in the region on all fronts, including Lebanon. Under the MoU, they were scheduled to hold negotiations within a period of 60 days, which ended on Monday, to reach a final agreement, but the talks' fate remains unclear following the escalation between the two countries last month.
(Except for the headline, this article has not been edited by FPJ's editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
RECENT STORIES
-
Newborn Dies, Two Others Burnt In District Hospital NICU Fire In MP's Chhindwara -
AIMIM's Akbaruddin Owaisi Faces Online Backlash Over Daughter Kaneez Fatima Owaisi’s Lavish London... -
'No Oil Will Leave Hormuz': Iran Warns Nations Joining US Economic Siege -
Kangana Ranaut DELETES 'Sasti Copy' Post On Taapsee Pannu: 'Why Couldn't Her Parents Birth Someone... -
Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In Syria
