Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In Syria

Israel has reportedly told the US that Turkey is planning to deploy radar and air-defence systems at a Syrian airbase. Israeli officials warned the move could alter the regional balance of power. The alleged site, Abu al-Duhur military airport, was recently targeted by Israeli strikes. Turkey has not officially confirmed the reported deployment plans.

Add FPJ As a
Trusted Source
Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In Syria
IANS Updated: Sunday, August 23, 2026, 08:32 AM IST
Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In Syria

Israel Warns US Of Turkey's Alleged Plans To Deploy Defence Assets In Syria | X - Perspectivibe

Jerusalem, Aug 23: Israel told the United States that Turkey was preparing to deploy a radar system and air-defence assets at a Syrian airbase, Israel's state-owned Kan TV News reported.

Israel raises concerns with US

Israeli security officials reportedly told Washington that the alleged Turkish move could "significantly" alter the regional balance of power.

Sources familiar with the discussions told the channel that Israel did not provide a timetable for the possible Turkish deployment. Yet, they identified Abu al-Duhur military airport, which was struck by Israeli air force on Tuesday, in northwest Syria, as a potential site.

Strikes deepen tensions

The Tuesday strikes further strained relations between Turkey and Israel. US Special Envoy for Syria Tom Barrack said Israel did not inform the United States of the attack in advance.

An Israeli official said the strikes were aimed at preventing the arrival of Turkish equipment or troops by air at the airbase, Xinhua news agency reported.

Israel cites security concerns

Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz said the strikes were in response to "clear intelligence" about Turkey's intentions to act in ways that would "endanger" Israel's security. He said Syria had received a diplomatic warning before the strike.

Katz had said earlier on Saturday that the army issued a direct warning to senior Syrian officials before the strikes on the Abu al-Duhur air base “in an attempt to prevent the move.”

Also Watch:

“Following several discussions that Prime Minister [Benjamin Netanyahu] and I held with the IDF and the various security officials, it was agreed that before approval was given, a direct warning would be issued to the Syrian regime at the highest levels first in an attempt to prevent the move, and that is what was done,” Katz said.

“After the request went unanswered, the prime minister and I authorised the IDF to carry out the strike, which commenced successfully," he added.

(Except for the headline, this article has not been edited by FPJ's editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)

Published on: Sunday, August 23, 2026, 08:32 AM IST

RECENT STORIES