93-yr-old skydives 10,000 feet with his wife’s ashes

London : Jumping Jack! In a daredevil feat, a 93-year-old British man, who has undergone a triple heart bypass, completed a 10,000 feet skydive with late wife’s ashes strapped to his body. Jack Hake, of Wimborne, Dorset, before undertaking the jump, tucked a bag containing the remains of his wife Veronica under his jumpsuit because the couple, who were married for 70 years, “did everything together”. 

Hake undertook the jump to raise money for the GP surgery that treated his wife before she died in August at the age of 95. He has already raised 600 pounds for the surgery and now hopes to reach 1,000 pounds.
Hake, who has undergone surgery for a triple heart bypass, told Veronica on her deathbed that he wanted her to be with him when he did the jump. And he kept his promise as he plunged from a plane attached to a skydiving instructor over Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, the Daily Mirror reported.
“It all went very well and I jumped from 10,000ft. I had to be lifted into the plane because I couldn’t walk but I wasn’t nervous. On the way down it felt like we put on quite an aerobatic show,” Hake said.

Robot kills itself over household chores!

London : In what is being touted as the world’s first case of ‘robot suicide’, a house bot fed up of its tedious job of cleaning has ended its life by climbing onto a kitchen hotplate and destroying itself in a blaze. 

The android in an Austrian household had to clean up some spilt cereal when it climbed onto a kitchen hotplate and was destroyed. It had grown tired of being forced to clean the same house every day, according to reports in Austria. “Somehow it seems to have reactivated itself and made its way along the work surface where it pushed a cooking pot out of the way and basically that was the end of it,” explained fireman Helmut Kniewasser, who was called to tackle the blaze at Hinterstoder in Kirchdorf, Austria. “It pretty quickly started to melt underneath and then stuck to the kitchen hotplate.
It then caught fire. By the time we arrived, it was just a pile of ash,” Kniewasser said. The entire building had to be evacuated and there was severe smoke damage particularly in the flat where the robot had been in use, ‘metro.co.uk’ reported.

(To view our epaper please click here. For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in