Islamabad: At least 910 militants and 82 Pakistani soldiers have been killed in operation Zarb-i-Azb in North Waziristan, the military said Wednesday.
The statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) added that 27 explosives and arms making factories have been destroyed and the operation in North Waziristan is going on according to plan, Dawn online reported.
The army said that it has taken over complete control of major towns of Miramshah, Mirali, Dattakhel, Boya and Degan, which were previously considered militant strongholds.
The statement also said that the 88-km-long Khajuri-Mirali-Miranshah-Dattakhel road and the Ghariom-Jhallar road have been cleared.
Military operation Zarb-i-Azb was launched June 15 following a brazen militant attack on Karachi’s international airport and the failure of peace talks between the government and Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
Nearly a million people have fled the offensive in the province and taken shelter in camps for the displaced.