Cristiano Ronaldo

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers

The football legend makes $750,000 per sponsored post. He keeps his 161 million followers up to date with sponsored posts, including his paid partnerships ranging from Nike to his own underwear line, various game and training posts as well.

Selena Gomez

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers

The most followed person on Instagram for three years until soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo recently usurped her, Gomez, with over 148 million followers, she has often used social media platforms to promote brands and several charitable causes. It is said Gomez gets paid around $800,000 for each post.

Kylie Jenner

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers

With 131 million followers, Kylie Jenner is increasingly becoming a powerful influencer. As per Hopper HQ’s Instagram Rich List, Jenner makes one million dollars per sponsored Instagram post, making her the highest paid Instagram influencer around.

Huda Kattan

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers

Kattan started as a blogger, but today has 590k followers and 35.4 million followers on her hudabeauty Instagram page where she regularly puts out beauty videos and earns an average of $33,000 for one post.

Cameron Dallas

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers

From being just an internet personality to securing a show on Netflix, Cameron Dallas with over 21.2 million Instagram followers makes $25k per post.

The Kohli punch

Czars of the social: Top 5 international social media influencers


According to HopperHQ, Virat Kohli makes an estimated $120,000 per Instagram post – probably the only Indian celebrity to rake in that much. Kohli has over 31.7 million followers on Instagram and 29.1 million on Twitter. Last year, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s Karva Chauth image went on to be the most liked picture with over 2 lakh likes and over 14000 retweets.

Did you know…

  1. On Instagram, sponsored posts mainly feature photos, with 76% of sponsored posts done in photo format during 2018’s first quarter and the remaining 24% were split between video posts and carousel posts.
  2. Talented entertainers are being found through social. Justin Bieber was found on YouTube at a young age proving that even the untalented get through the net.
  3. The best platform to earn money from as an influencer are blogs, Facebook YouTube, Instagram and (for now) Snapchat.
  4. Research by influencer marketing company, Captiv8, covered by The Economist found that influencers on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram with over 7m followers or subscribers can earn over $300,000, $187,000 and $150,000 per post/video respectively.

(Compiled by Manasi Y Mastakar)

For all the latest news, updates, live coverage of Cricket World Cup 2019 on https://www.freepressjournal.in/world-cup-2019 . Follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for updates on cricket's biggest carnival in England

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in