Puthandu, also known as Varusha Pirappu, is the Tamil New Year celebrated on the first day of Tamil month of Chithirai. The festival coincides with other festivals such as Vishu and Baisakhi. The festival is celebrated with immense enthusiasm in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. On the eve of Puthandu, a tray with betel leaves, jewellery, coins, flowers, mirror and three fruits – mango, banana, and jackfruit – are laid. It is believed that it is auspicious if one wakes up to the sight of the festive tray. The day is celebrated with lavish food, new clothes, and decoration. In 2019, Puthandu falls on April 14.
On the occasion of Puthandu, here are wishes, images, and greetings to share on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and SMS with your loved ones.
- On this auspicious occasion,
May you be showered with the divine blessings of happiness and prosperity.
- May the New Year begin with a lot of happiness, hopes, and inspiration.
- May the New Year bring joy, prosperity, success and hope into your lives.
- New hopes and new horizons to reach,
May the Sun radiate all the goodness of life in the coming year and always.
- New aspirations,
It’s a new beginning.
May all your dreams come true and give you the joy that you always wished for.
- Let this Tamil New Year, Brings a lot of cheer and peace in your life.
May the divine power gives you enough strength for tolerating highs and lows of life with calmness.