Parsi New Year, also known as Pateti and Jamshedi Navroz is Iranian and Persian New Year. The literal meaning of ‘Navroz’ is ‘new day’ and is the first day of the Persian year. In other parts of the world, ‘Navroj’ is pronounced as ‘Nowruj’ or Nooruj’. In India, the Parsi community, follower of Zoroastrianism, celebrate the festival with full enthusiasm. The origin of the festival dates back to 3,000 years and was started by the mighty emperor Jamshed, who introduced the new calendar in Persia. The festival falls on the on the spring equinox – the day when both North and South pole have sunlight making day and night of equal duration. In 2017, Parsi New Year falls on August 17. Here are wishes, greeting, and images to share on WhatsApp, Facebook.
- All things bright and beautiful,
All things good & true,
All things fine and wonderful,
All these are wished for you on this day and always!
- May the glory of King spread all over,
May Lord praise us in galore,
Let’s pray for happiness and prosperity.
May this Parsi New Year give us Happiness.
Lasting ever and ever! Happy New Year!
- Like birds, let us leave behind what we don’t need to carry.
Grudges sadness pain fear & regrets
Life is beautiful, Enjoy it.
- As the New Year begins,
Let us pray that it will be a year with peace & happiness,
God bless you throughout the new year.
- Wishing all family members
and dear ones a Happy Pateti.
May you all have a happy, peaceful and prosperous Year ahead.
- May you achieve success in every facet of life,
and all your heartfelt wishes come true.
Wishing you a Happy New Year of Happiness & Prosperity.
Happy New Year.
- May your life be an example for many.
Wishing you a year filled with joy and happiness.
- May this year greet you with fragrant days that are colourful as a rainbow, As bright as the sunshine,
As happy and cheerful as a lark.
- Dedicate this year to humanity and the betterment of the world.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous Parsi new year 2017
Here are few images to share: