Only a mother can look past all our flaws and shower us with unconditional love. No one else in the world can love us more than our mother. Our entire life is not enough to express our love and care for her. Words are never enough to express our feeling and gratitude towards her. Every year, International Mother’s Day falls on the second Sunday of May. In 2019, International Mother’s Day falls on May 12. On the occasion of International Mother’s Day, we have compiled a list of quotes on Mothers by popular personalities. Here we go.
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and heart of little children.
– William Makepeace Thackeray
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
– Victor Hugo
- For when a child is born the also mother is born again.
– Gilbert Parker
- There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing.
– Billy Sunday
- Children are the anchor that hold a mother to life.
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.
– Robert Browning
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.
– Oprah Winfrey, American Media Proprietor
- I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
– Mitch Albom, Author
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.
– Princess Diana, Princess of Wales
- It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?
– Mahatma Gandhi
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
– George Eliot, Novelist
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
– Theodore Hesburgh, Priest
- My mother is a walking miracle.
– Leonardo Dicaprio, American Actor
- The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.
– Jodi Picoult, Writer
- My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.
– Michael Jordan, Basketball Player
- As my mom always said, ‘You’d rather have smile lines than frown lines.’
– Cindy Crawford, American Model
- My mom is my hero. [She] inspired me to dream when I was a kid, so anytime anyone inspires you to dream, that’s gotta be your hero.
– Tim Mcgraw, American Singer
- I would say that my mother is the single biggest role model in my life, but that term doesn’t seem to encompass enough when I use it about her. She was the love of my life.
– Mindy Kaling, American Actress
- My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything.
– Emma Stone, American Actress
- She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great – but how to laugh through it.
– Liza Minellie, American Actress
- They are not kidding when they say that mothers are strong women. We need to be strong in more ways than our children will ever know.
– M.B. Antevasin, Author
- I was always at peace because of the way my mom treated me.
– Martina Hingis, Tennis Player
- For when a child is born, the mother is also born again.
– Gilbert Parker, Novelist
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
– Stevie Wonder, Singer
- My mom is definitely my rock.
– Alicia Keys, Singer-Songwriter