Google has recently released its annual ‘Year in Search’ list, across categories that highlight the most searched topics on the platform. One of the popular categories is ‘How to’ and the search that tops the category is ‘How to send stickers in WhatsApp’. We all are aware of the fact that the stickers’ feature was introduced on the messaging platform during Diwali and no doubt it was an instant hit. According to a recent update, the ‘stickers’ option has been removed for the iOS users.
If you are among the users who are still wondering about ‘How to use and send WhatsApp stickers within your chats?’ then you are on the right page. Here’s a step by step guide to do so.
- Update your WhatsApp though Google Play Store to version 2.18.329.
- Open WhatsApp chat, at the bottom you will find a new sticker button alongside emoji and GIF options.
- Click on the sticker option, a tab dedicated to stickers will open.
- The existing sticker store has free packs such as Cuppy by Minseung Song, Bibimbap Friends by Pete Ellison, Biscuit by Ghostbot and more.
- There are a lot of sticker packs available for download.
- Simply select the sticker you want to share and send.
- This option is also available via WhatsApp Web.
You can also create your own stickers. Well, WhatsApp doesn’t exactly let you do so but there are a lot of third-party apps that do. An app named ‘Sticker Maker for WhatsApp’ helps you to turn any photos into a sticker. Here’s a guide create your own stickers:
- Download ‘Sticker Maker for WhatsApp’ app from PlayStore.
- Open the app and click on ‘Create a new sticker pack’ option.
- Enter sticker pack’s name and author.
- A new page appears that lets you add up to 30 custom stickers. The icon on top will appear as an identifier of the sticker pack.
- Click on ‘add sticker’ option and create your own stickers by choosing pictures from the gallery.
- Click on ‘Publish Sticker Pack’ option. The stickers will be added to your stickers pack. Note that once the pack is published you cannot edit or add more stickers.
- The sticker pack is now added to your WhatsApp and now you can send your own stickers to your contacts.