Eid-e-Milad, also known as Mawlid and Milad-un-Nabi, is celebrated on the 12th day of Rabi’ al-awwal to mark the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad. According to Sunni Muslims, Eid-e-Milad falls on the 12th day of Rabi’ al-awwal, the third month of the Islamic calendar, 570 CE in Mecca. However, Shias consider the 17th day as his birthday. There are few sects like Ahmadiyya and Wahhabi who oppose the festival. Many scholars and historians doubt the origin of the festival claiming that in early days there was no such festival. However, some claim that the Holy Quran has a reference to Milaad-un-Nabi. Several places across the country are adorned with colourful lights.
Muslims around the globe will celebrate the occasion by reading the Holy Quran, listening to naat and hymns praising the prophet, organising processions, distributing foods and offerings, taking part in other ritualistic customs and wishing everyone ‘Eid Mubarak’. As we celebrate the day, here are some SMS, WhatsApp messages, pictures and Facebook status to share with your family and friends.
- May this beautiful occasion of Eid gives you all the reasons to make your life even more beautiful.
Wishing you a Happy Eid!
- On the auspicious occasion of Eid,
May you be blessed with prosperity, happiness, joy and peace.
- I wish Allah showers his divine blessings and fulfills all your dreams on Eid and always.
- May the magic of this Eid Milad-un-Nabi bring lots of happiness in your life,
May you celebrate it with all your close friends and family,
And may your heart be filled with love and joy!
- Eid means:
E – Embrace with open heart
I – Inspire with impressive attitude
D – Distribute pleasure to all
- May Allah bless you and and your family with love and care on Eid and always.
Wishing you a blessed Eid-e-Milad!
- A special prayer for you,
May Allah’s blessings and divine be with you.
- May the divine blessings of Allah fill your home and
heart with the spirit of joy and open up newer opportunities for success.
- Wishing that Allah accepts your good deeds and sacrifices,
Alleviates your sufferings,
And forgives your transgressions.
- On the joyous occasion of Eid-e-Milad sending across my warm heartfelt wishes.