Gautama Buddha has been the guiding path for spiritual seekers for over 2,500 years now. The word ‘Buddha’ literally means ‘enlightened one’ or ‘awakened one’. Gautama Buddha who laid the foundation of Buddhism has inspired millions of mind till today. He was born in a royal family, but at the age of 35, he left the palace to walk his own spiritual path. Meditating under a huge Bodhi tree he became enlightened. He then spent his entire life inspiring people to gain a happy perspective on life.
In 2019, Buddha Purnima falls on May 19. On the occasion of Buddha Purnima, we bring to you 10 inspirational quotes by Lord Gautama Buddha that will help you to achieve a new perspective to life and help you free the incarcerations of evil spirits.
- It is better to travel well than to arrive.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, and there is no torrent like greed.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe that lures him to evil ways.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.