Ujjain: Amid huge mismanagements in the election meeting at the Nazar Ali Mill compound here on Tuesday, the senior Congress leaders in their bid to get connect with the people reminded the audience about their relationship and bonds with the city.
The organisers of the programme had put hundreds of chairs to fill the huge space of the venue. They also cleverly closed it from all directions so that the pandal appear over- crowded. But at the end of the day, such gimmicks created inconveniences to the people as they did not get space even for standing.
As part of the election strategy, the manifesto committee chairman Suresh Pachauri repeatedly highlighted the significance of Ujjain saying that the wave of change flows from this place and only from here the party would start its winning streak.
Likewise, election campaign committee chairman Jyotiraditya Scindia while remembering the 250- yearold relationship of Scindia family with Ujjainites said that he experience passion, enthusiasm and blessings on visiting the city. “ Our relationship is non- political and all of you are in fact members of my family,” he said.
Overall election management convener Kamal Nath also appeared vocal in defining his ties with the people of Ujjain. Hinting towards a youngster, he said that he ( youngster) would not have got birth than the relationship he ( Nath) enjoys with Ujjain. However, other leaders like Digvijaya Singh, Satyavrat Chaturvedi and Ajay Singh made no such mention in their speeches.
Cong leaders show their unity; Guddu exhibits his strength
- Following the directives of the AICC vicepresident Rahul Gandhi, all senior leaders tried to show unity among the cadres and people
- Digvijaya Singh said that this time there would be anybody’s candidate but Sonia and Rahul Gandhi’s
- Digvijaya Singh came to the dais as soon as Kamal Nath was invited to address the meeting. Singh said that nobody will be allowed to the contest the election as independent candidate and if anybody did so, he would not allow him/ her to re- enter the party
- Ajay Singh objected the statement of Suresh Pachauri saying that one cannot be termed as a Congressman if he speaks the name of Shivraj Singh Chauhan as CM
- Congress workers appeared jubilant when Scindia was invited at the dais to address the meeting. He commented that this is not the audience brought by the party, rather the audience came at the venue willingly
- Every speaker was given a time of 7 minutes each to deliver their submissions
- MP Premchand Guddu dominated the entire proceedings. He delivered speech and his son Ajit Borasi proposed a vote of thanks.
- Guddu’s supporters DCC ( urban) chief Anant Narayan Meena conducted the programme whereas DCC president ( rural) Jai Singh Darbar delivered the welcome speech When the senior leaders were about to board the Tempo Traveler, Digvijaya invited senior corporator Azad adav in the vehicle and Scindia invited former MLA Rajendra Bharati. adav and Bharati are vying for the party ticket from Ujjain North constituency.
- One more aspirant from this constituency and AICC spokesperson Noori Khan, who got the space on the dais while making hard efforts, was seen talking to Scindia
- Digvijaya was seen making consultations with Guddu during the meeting
- Guddu, who recently opposed continuous intervention of Nath- Scindia in ticket distribution process, praised both these Union ministers for providing special package to Ujjain
- Dozens of Congress workers captured the chairs and daises reserved for the media persons. Senior Congress leaders were in so hurry that they did not spare time to address the media persons, though the organisers had made special arrangements for the press conference on the sidelines of the main dais
- During arrival at the venue of the public meeting and departure from there, none of the senior leaders accepted welcome from any of their supporters, who had erected daises on roads to show their strength œ The public meeting concluded while keeping a two minute silence for the departed souls at Ratangarh Mandir, Datia
What the Congress leaders said
“ Try to identify the real face of BJP leaders who are now indulged in coining new slogans and lucrative announcements… we would focus our election manifesto on providing jobs to the unemployed youths and safeguarding the interests of the farmers.” – Kamal Nath “ The earthquake of change would dethrone the BJP from power… CM had announced to provide Rs 50 crore every year for the preparations of Simhastha Fair- 2016, but the leaders from Indore are instrumental in pocketing this money as well as Rs 1400 crore sanctioned by the Union government to Ujjain under the JNNURM. ” – Jyotiraditya Scindia “ As soon as the BJP came to power in the State, a precious government land adjacent to the Mahakaleshwar Temple was given to a pro- RSS organisation which is now indulged in running a cycle stand and the money comes from it is used to run the activities of the RSS.” – Digvijaya Singh