EXECUTION OF NKSLP IN RECORD TIME
Ujjain: Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who won accolades from people belonging to all walks of life for executing the Narmada- Kshipra Simhastha Link Project ( NKSLP) and was also termed as ‘ Modern Bhagirath’, was felicitated during the dedication of the project at Ram Ghat here on Tuesday night.
Despite medium to heavy rains during the dedication ceremony, which was delayed for more than two hours, Shivraj did not look dull and his body language as well as speech was full of enthusiasm and energy. He said that execution of the NKSLP was necessary as otherwise the Malwa region could have turned into desert. He announced that the proposed Sevarkhedi dam on the Kshipra at the cost of more than Rs 200 crore would not be
executed now owing to the NKSLP. The continuous rainfall during the dedication function though marred the enthusiasm of the people, the dignitaries were asked to make submissions.
They took little time in making submissions. Advani said despite orders of the Supreme Court, the UPA government did not carry forward the interlinking of rivers, which was undertaken during the NDA government. He said barring Atal Bihari Vajpayee, no other prime minister since 1947 had initiated such a step to overcome with the problems of potable water and irrigation. He also praised Shivraj Singh Chauhan for taking forward the scheme of Vajpayee.
He said that rivers also reflect the feelings of people with them. Sushma Swaraj said the confluence of Narmada river with Kshipra gave a spiritual delight. She said Kshipra got dried up and the agriculture fields also dried up, but Shivraj Singh Chauhan had done a great work by executing the NKSLP in record time. Swami Ramdev described the CM as Bhagirath saying that the rivers assume great mythological significance. He said that the NKSLP will help overcoming the potable water and irrigation problems of Malwa region.
Gadkari said that the NKSLP is like a golden chapter in the Indian history as Shivraj Singh Chauhan has done the work which was considered to be impossible. Those present on the occasion included BJP national general secretary Anantha Kumar, State BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar, former CM Kailash Joshi, Rajya Sabha members Satya Narayan Jatiya and Thawar Chand Gehlot, School Education Minister Paras Jain among others. District Minister Incharge Kailash Vijayavargiya delivered the welcome speech. Padmaja Raghuwanshi and Ashok Bhati conducted the proceedings.
• The sound arrangements at the venue reduced the glory of the dedication function
• LED screens put at the venue and halogens failed to function continuously
• Continuous rainfall forced people indoors as comparatively low turnout was seen at the venue
• During rains, audience took the shelter of their chairs to save from the rains
• Umbrella cover, besides security cover, was provided to Advani and other leaders
• Dedication of works pertaining to Simhastha Fair- 2016 and bhajan programme of Anoop Jalota were cancelled due to the inclement weather
• During the day, speculations were rife whether the dedication programme will be organised or not in wake of the unseasonal rainfall
• Administrative authorities made alternative arrangements at Mahakal Pravachan Hall, but finally the programme was held at Ram Ghat