lDGP inspects proposed site lHigh level meeting reviews police preparations for Simhastha
Ujjain: The Director General of Police ( DGP) Nandan Dubey on Monday gave his green signal for the construction of a police control roomcum- watch tower on Narsing Ghat- Ram Ghat road under the Simhastha Fair- 2016. The proposal will now be put before the high power committee for consideration, which will meet at Bhopal on January 30. Chief Secretary Anthony de Sa will chair the meeting.
The issue of construction of the police control room- cum- watch tower was hanging in balance for a long time as the local administration was struggling to acquire the requisite land. The construction was initially to be made on the Bambaiwalon Ki Dharmshala, but as the trust obtained a stay on the project, the authorities started searching for a new spot. They later identified Ranoji Ki Chhatri, Gurunanak Ghat and Dutt Akhada Ghat for the project. But the lands in question belong to private trusts and project delayed.
However, DGP’s visit on Monday gave a respite to the local authorities as it was mainly based on the preparations of the ensuing mega event. Dubey was taken to the proposed site for inspection. The then IG and presently ADGP Sarabjeet Singh and the then SP and present IG Upendra Jain briefed the necessity and importance of police control room- cum- watch tower to the DGP. They said that construction was necessary to avoid incidents like stampede, which occurred during Simhastha Fair- 1992 and 2004. Besides, in view of managing the huge crowd movements at the prime ghats during major religious baths.
Likewise, Divisional Commissioner Arun Pandey and District Collector BM Sharma also apprised the DGP about the hurdles coming in the construction of police control room- cum- watch tower. According to the Collector, the proposed site is government land and thus no difficulty would evolve during the construction.
Architect Shrikant Vaishampayan said that the project costing about Rs 6 crore will have three- storeyed police control room- cum- watch tower. There will be a passage on the ground floor while provision of high flood level will also be there.
Later, talking to media persons, DGP Nandan Dubey said that the site which they inspected on Monday was final for the construction of police control room- cum- watch tower. According to him, successive meetings have been organised at various levels to incorporate the suggestions of the peoples’ representatives and experienced persons for Simhastha Fair arrangements.
He said that local administration was extending excellent support. He said all aspects including law and order, crowd management, security of the Mahakaleshwar Temple, etc, will be covered to ensure the police arrangements.
Prior to it, the DGP reviewed the preparations for Simhastha Fair- 2016 at a meeting held at the Police Control Room. ADGPs Sarabjeet Singh, Pawan Jain, Vijay Kumar, SL Thousen, Anavesh Mangalam and SK Pande, Divisional Commissioner Arun Pandey, IG V Madhukumar, DIG SK Saxena, Collector BM Sharma, SPs Anurag Kumar ( Ujjain), Raman Singh ( Sehore), Arvind Saxena ( Bhopal) and Manohar Verma ( Mandsaur) were present. It was informed that about 22, 000 policemen will be required during the mega event.
They will be shortlisted soon and phase- wise training will start after the Lok Sabha elections. DGP said that services of those police officers and other staff will be deployed for the Simhastha Fair- 2016 preparations who had worked during Simhastha- 2004.
- DGP and about 20 IPS officers along with local administrative and police officers spared about 75 minutes to conduct on- the- spot inspection of Simhastha sites
- DGP Nandan Dubey, ADGP Sarabjeet Singh and IG Upendra Jain sat in car during the inspection while- rest offi cers of ADG, IG, DIG and SP rank along with senior IAS offic- ers board ed on a luxurious private bus ( MP 09 FA 5938) from Indore
- Their cavalcade consisted about two dozen vehicles and the routine traffic arrangements suffered badly during the passage of the cavalcade l Cavalcade started from the – Police Of ficers Mess and passed thro- ugh De was Road, MR- 5 ( Bharatpuri), Nanakheda, Hariphatak Over- bridge bypass road, Begambagh, Ma – hakaleshwar Temple, Harsiddhi Mandir, Ramanjuk Kot to reach Ram Ghat
- It was then traversed to Shankaracharya Triangle ( Barnagar) Road via Bada Pull
- The officers also visited t- he Ma hakaleshwar Temple to pay o- bei sance to the presiding deity
- On visiting the proposed si- te of con struction of police control roomcum- watch tower, a number o- f sen ior IPS officers were seen enquiring from the local authorities that why the waters of river Kshipra- is stag nant on which the later said that this condition is due to Khan river of Kshipra
- DGP asked the Divisional Co- mmis sioner whether the waters of river Narmada has reached Ujjain or nor.
- The later said that it will reach soon, but the exact date can not – be di vulges as of now
- RI Kiran Sharma was seen rebuking the lower rung policemen fo- r accom panying the DGP . s cavalcade in large numbers and without being asked to do so