- Hema asks students to determine goals to achieve dreams
- Shatrughan advises parents not to push their personal agenda on their wards
Ujjain: Bollywood stars- turned- BJP leaders Shatrughan Sinha and Hema Malini mesmerised the inaugural ceremony of the alumni meet of St Mary’s Convent Senior Secondary School on the second day of the golden jubilee celebrations of the city’s premier institution on Friday evening. The celebrities not only impressed the audience by their auspicious presence, but also put forth some valuable advises to the students.
In her 5 minute speech, the Bollywood dream girl- cum- Rajya Sabha member Hema Malini advised the students to fix goals to achieve their dreams. She looked pretty during the function and highly appreciated the organisers. “ It is wonderful to see the ex- students who enjoy name and fame across the world due to their successful stories and all credit goes to the teachers who moulded them,” she said.
Hema Malini further added, “ Teachers have a great place in the society as they kindle the candle of knowledge and own the responsibility of moulding the children who in turn take part in decision making and sharing the development spirit.” In his 26- minute speech, Shatrughan ‘ Shotgun’ Sinha won the accolades of everybody
everybody present in the huge and beautifully decorated auditorium of the institution at Azad Nagar. He exhorted the parents not to impose their wills and wishes on their children and to allow them develop their aptitude. He asked the students to prove themselves as better than the best and at least to try to be different than the others. He advised them to consider themselves as a role model and not to shun the moral values.
He also called upon the youngsters to get themselves free from the ill effects of tobacco. Hema Malini and Shatrughan Sinha reached at the venue at about 6.45 pm, more than two hours behind their schedule. They were accorded warm welcome.
They appeared on the dais in the backdrop of famous songs of their films and inaugurated the function by lighting a traditional lamp.
- Hema Malini remained the center of attraction
- Shatrughan Sinha got a big applause from the audience when he repeated his famous dialogue, ‘ khamosh’
- Shatrughan described Hema Malini as golden girl, dream girl and dear girl
- Shatrughan said Hema Malini is like ‘ He- Ma’ as her fans from children to elders like her so much even today
- Both Hema Milini and Shatrughan Sinha lauded the efforts of Mumbai- based chartered accountant and institution’s ex- student Ashish Dass for inviting them
- Principal Sister Roshan also mentioned Ashish Dass’ name saying his contribution in the successful hosting of the event will be remembered for ever
- Shatrughan Sinha also lauded anchors Nitin David and Neeta Tapan ( brother- sister) saying they mentioned such things also in his introduction which were not known to him
- Prior to the ceremony, retired and present teachers were felicitated by presenting them with shawl and citation
- Only invitees were given entry in the programme