OUR STAFF REPORTER Indore

Minister for Environment Jayant Mallaiya said that colonisers who opt to build house for economically weaker section ( EWS) instead of remitting alt145 Ashraya Nidhi,alt39would be given free hand by the Sta

te Government in the allotment of those houses.

In an informal chat, the minister said that the government had decided to revert to the system of remitting alt145 Asraya Nidhialt39or reserving 15 percent of area of the colony for the EWS and added that rules and regulations were being formed to implement this system.

He said that under the system 15 per cent land of total land of any new colony would be reserved to build affordable housing units. Of this 15 percent, 60 percent would be reserved for EWS while the remaining 40 percent would be for LIG ( Low Income Group) families.

Mallaya further said that if the colony is being developed in less than five- acre area, then the coloniser would have to make 15 per cent reservation within the same colony. However, he added that if the colony area exceeds five acre then the colonisers can choose and build the reserved housing units anywhere within the investment area.

When his attention was drawn to the fact that a number of housing units for EWS are built and ready but allotments are not being made, Mallaya said that a clear policy is being formulated in the rules of alt145 Ashray Nidhialt39which would address this allotment issue. Mallaiya said that a suggestion was mooted during discussions to designate the district collector to allot these units to the beneficiaries.

However, this suggestion had many drawbacks and finally it was decided that the coloniser, who was building these units in lieu of remitting alt145 Ashraya Nidhi,alt39would be given freehand to allot these units after verifying their income and status of poverty.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in