FP NEWS SERVICE Ujjain

A tent erected at Premchaya Parisar premises caught fire and burnt for almost half an hour due to short circuit in generator during a marriageable young boy girl introduction programme and a huge stampede w

as deferred here on Sunday.

A parichay sammelan under the aegis of Sanadhya Brahmin Parishad was organised at Premchaya Parisar premises near Chamunda Mata temple. Organising committee member Mahendra Sharma said due to electricity cut off at 10 am, a generator was used by them as an alternative and afterwards it suffered short circuit. Few sparks contacted to stage curtains and within few minutes, a large part of premises camp was under fire as incidence took place with the speed of wind and more than 2000 persons were went down through moments of threat and fear.

A stampede scenario was drawn by the incident as a huge crowd was present in premises and guests MLA Ramesh Mendola, MLA Shivnarayan Jagirdar and Former Vice Chancellor of Vikram University Ramrajesh Mishra were about to come. Then water was applied by the people present on the spot in order to extinguish the fire but it because of severe fire and did not cool down by manual means of limited resource.

Afterwards, Fire Bridget was called up for the help while the Bridget team entered whole tent was almost burnt and a stampede deferred by the alertness of people present over there. No lose of life was cause due to the fire mishap.

The tent engulfed by flames at Premchhaya Parisar in Ujjain on Sunday. FP photo People and fire brigade making efforts to extinguish the fire. FP photo Girls lack interest at introduction programme A huge ratio difference was seen in the marriageable young boy girl introduction programme, where on 570 male candidates only 270 female candidates were present.

More than 2,000 people attended the introduction ceremony from more than nine states of the nation. It was 9th successive marriageable young boy girl introduction programme by Sanadhya Brahmin Parishad.

Lack of proper safety measures A severe stampede and a mishap were differed at Premchaya Parisar premises which left numbers of questions on the face of lethargic administration. Availability of proper fire extinguisher resources could alter the scenario but somehow by gods grace affected people managed to move out from the place of fire- mishap. Safety instructions were already given regarding fire and open outs to city garden directors but they are not following it which lead to various kind of mishaps.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in