It should not be politicised, CBI inquiry is already underway: Union Minister Pralhad Joshi on Unnao rape survivor accident
Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Pralhad Joshi in Lok Sabha on accident of Unnao rape victim: It should not be politicised, CBI inquiry is already underway, FIR has been registered. Government is investigating with impartiality.
We demand that Home Minister comes to the House and gives a statement: Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Congress in Lok Sabha: We demand that Home Minister comes to the House and gives a statement. What kind of a society are we talking about, where such an incident (accident of Unnao rape case victim in Raebareli) happened with the victim.
Maharashtra: Godavari river in Nashik flows above danger mark
Maharashtra: Godavari river in Nashik flows above danger mark, following heavy rainfall in the region.
8 teams are conducting search and rescue operation: Dist Commissioner on VG Siddhartha missing case
Dist Commissioner, Dakshin Kannada, Sasikanth Senthil on VG Siddhartha missing case: We are conducting search & rescue operation. 8 teams conducting search along with Coast Guard and NDRF. We have also asked for support from Navy, Karwar.
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad tables Triple Talaq bill in Rajya Sabha.
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on introducing Triple Talaq bill in Rajya Sabha: This is a matter of gender justice, dignity and equality.
Search for CCD owner in Mangaluru: ICGS Rajdoot to patrol Mangalore Port, 3 diving teams in operation
Search for missing founder & owner Cafe Coffee Day, VG Siddhartha in Mangaluru: Indian Coast Guard's ICGS Rajdoot to patrol off old Mangalore Port & maintain lookout close to harbour mouth. ACV (H-198) undertaking search in Netravati River & providing support to 3 diving teams.
IMA calls for 24hr withdrawal of non-essential services from tomorrow, in protest against NMC Bill in LS
Indian Medical Association (IMA) calls for 24 hours withdrawal of non-essential services across the nation from 6 am, tomorrow, in protest against the passing of National Medical Commission Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha.
Ghulam Nabi Azad in RS on Triple Talaq: Bill is for protection of rights on marriage, but is destruction of families
- Ghulam Nabi Azad, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, on Triple Talaq Bill: The Bill is for protection of rights on marriage but the real motive is destruction of families.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, on Triple Talaq Bill: When they will come out of jail they will either commit suicide or become dacoits and thieves, that is the intention of your bill.
Binoy Kodiyeri leaves from JJ hospital after giving sample for DNA test
- Maharashtra: Binoy Kodiyeri (accused in a rape case), son of Kerala CPM leader Kodiyeri Balakrishnan reaches JJ Hospital in Mumbai to submit DNA sample. Bombay High Court had ordered him to undergo a DNA test, yesterday.
- Binoy Kodiyeri (accused in a rape case), son of Kerala CPM leader Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, leaves from JJ hospital after giving sample for DNA test
SC will hear arguments on pleas, that gives 10% reservation in jobs & education for economically weaker section of general category
Supreme Court will continue hearing arguments tomorrow on whether the pleas challenging the Constitution Amendment, that gives 10% reservation in jobs & education for economically weaker section of general category, could be heard by Constitution Bench.
Cancellation of Tipu Jayanti by govt: People of Karnataka accepted it because he was man who fought against British
- Siddaramaiah, Congress, on cancellation of Tipu Jayanti by Karnataka govt: I only started Tipu Jayanti celebrations. People of Karnataka had accepted it because Tipu was a man who fought against British rule. According to me, he was the first freedom fighter of this country.
- Siddaramaiah, Congress, on cancellation of Tipu Jayanti by Karnataka govt: Since he's a historical man who fought against Britishers we had decided to celebrate him. Tipu is a man of minority community, BJP is against minorities in this countries. They aren't secular. I oppose it
UP Deputy CM meets Unnao rape victim, says govt will bear treatment expenses
Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister meets Unnao rape victim, says the government will bear the treatment expenses
J-K Police: Jaish top commander killed in fire between security forces & terrorists in Bijbehara
- Jammu&Kashmir Police: Another top Commander of Jaish, Fayaz Panzoo along with his associate has been killed in an exchange of fire between security forces & terrorists in Bijbehara area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
- Jammu and Kashmir Police: Fayaz Panzoo was involved in an attack on CRPF at Anantnag town on June 12, 2019, in which 5 CRPF Personnel were killed & SHO Arshad Khan was seriously injured who later succumbed to injuries.
Rajya Sabha passes Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Triple Talaq Bill
- Voting on Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019 is still underway in Rajya Sabha.
- Disposal of reference of amendment of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019 to the select committee has been rejected with 84 'Ayes' and 100 'Noes'.
- Rajya Sabha passes Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019. Triple Talaq Bill
Ravi Shankar Prasad: Both Houses have given justice to Muslim women, this is beginning of transforming India
Union Minister of Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad: Today is a historic day. Both the Houses have given justice to the Muslim women. This is the beginning of a transforming India.
Triple Talaq Bill is a victory of gender justice & will further equality in society, India rejoices today, says PM Modi
- PM Modi: An archaic & medieval practice has finally been confined to dustbin of history! Parliament abolishes Triple Talaq & corrects a historical wrong done to Muslim women. This is a victory of gender justice & will further equality in society. India rejoices today!
- Home Minister Amit Shah: Today is a great day for India’s democracy. I congratulate PM for fulfilling his commitment&ensuring a law to ban Triple Talaq, which will free Muslim women from curse of this regressive practice. I thank all parties who supported this historic bill.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath on #TripleTalaqBill passed in Rajya Sabha,today: Unfortunately people who used to speak for women empowerment opposed Bill in Lok Sabha&Rajya Sabha, a Bill which is a symbol of women dignity. Congress&their allies, SP&BSP in state, have been exposed.