SC issues notice to Maha govt on a plea of BMC seeking stay on Bombay HC order quashing the CRZ clearances granted for project
- Supreme Court issues notice to Maharashtra government on a plea of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) seeking stay on order of Bombay High Court quashing the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearances granted for the southern part of the Rs 12,000-crore coastal road project.
- A Bench of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Deepak Gupta refuses to stay the Bombay High Court order and posts the plea of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation for hearing on August 20.
Delhi HC dismissed PIL against BCCI and IPL auction process
- Delhi High Court has dismissed a PIL against the Board of Control for Cricket and Indian Premier League's auction process. The Plea stated that auctioning of players in IPL is illegal and should be stopped.
Azam Khan should apologize or else he should be suspended from Lok Sabha, says Ravi Prasad
- TMC MP, Mimi Chakraborty on Azam Khan, in Lok Sabha: Nobody can stand in the Parliament and tell a woman "look into my eyes and talk." Speaker sir, all women here are expecting something big from you on this.
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in Lok Sabha: Azam Khan should apologize or else he should be suspended from Lok Sabha, this is our demand.
- Leader of Congress in Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Azam Khan: Congress party is against disrespect of women. There have been incidents when Sonia Gandhi Ji was called 'Italy ki katputli' etc. in the Parliament.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Azam Khan: It is very encouraging to see everyone stand up and speak in once voice condemning what happened yesterday. We look towards you (LS Speaker) for an exemplary action against him.
- Nirmala Sitharaman in Lok Sabha on Azam Khan: To politicize an issue related to women is outrageous, we have to stand together so why the hesitation in some? Why the dilemma? Why add riders? I am not naming anyone for ppl( pointing towards Congress MPs) to interrupt my speech
One dead, ten injured in explosion at factory in Ludhiana, Punjab
Punjab: One dead and at least ten injured in an explosion at a factory in Mundian Kalan, Ludhiana. More details awaited.
MEA: Due to floods in India, Charter was activated on 17 July by NRSC
- MEA on sharing satellite data for flood relief:National Remote Sensing Center represents ISRO as member of International Charter Space&Major Disasters. By combining Earth observation assets from different space agencies, Charter allows resources to be coordinated for response
- MEA: Whenever there is a natural disaster,NRSC and member agencies of other 32 countries which are a part of Charter can activate Charter&then Charter seeks information pertaining to disaster- hit area available with all the 33 member space agencies.This is standard practice
- MEA: Due to floods in India, Charter was activated on 17 July by NRSC. Under Charter so far data has been received from 8 countries. ISRO has also provided information to other space agencies in response to similar requests
Gujarat: Fire breaks out in an apartment building in Ahmedabad. Rajesh Bhatt, Fire Officer says, "Fire broke out on 5th-6th floor of the building. All people have been safely rescued, 2 were in serious condition, their status will be updated by the hospital."
Mayawati on Azam Khan's remark against BJP MP Rama Devi: He should not only apologize to LS but also to all women
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Chief Mayawati on Azam Khan's remark against BJP MP Rama Devi: His statement is against the dignity of women, it is hurtful. It is highly condemnable, he should not only apologize to the Lok Sabha but also to all women.
IMA Jewel case: 3 officials granted bail, plea of cleric Haneef Afsar rejected
IMA Ponzi scheme case: Three including Bengaluru Deputy Commissioner Vijay Shankar & Assistant Commissioner, Nagaraj granted bail in the case. Bail plea of cleric Haneef Afsar rejected.
BS Yeddyurappa leaves from his residence for BJP office, will take oath as CM at 6 pm
Bengaluru: BJP State President BS Yeddyurappa leaves from his residence for BJP office. He will take oath as Chief Minister today at 6 pm
Yeddyurappa offers prayers at Kadu Malleshwara temple in Bengaluru, will take oath as CM at 6 pm
Karnataka: BJP State President BS Yeddyurappa offers prayers at Kadu Malleshwara temple in Bengaluru. He will take oath as Chief Minister at 6 pm, today.
In next round of privatization, Govt is hoping foreign players will participate in bidding process: Guruprasad Mohapatra
- Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman Airports Authority of India (AAI): Cabinet has decided to privatize 6 airports. Privatization of 3 airports out of 6 has already been approved by cabinet. Several more airports are in the list for divestment. Consultants have already been appointed.
- Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman, Airports Authority of India (AAI): In next round of privatization, Government is hoping that foreign players will participate in the bidding process.
Gujarat: Akshardham temple attack accuse Yasin Butt arrested by Gujarat ATS from Kashmir
Gujarat: Akshardham temple attack (2002) accused Yasin Butt brought to Ahmedabad Airport. He was arrested by Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) from Anantnag, Kashmir, today.