Washington: Nine-time Champions League winner Real Madrid has been named as the world’s most valuable football team of the year followed by Barcelona and Manchester United. Real topped Forbes list of the world’s most valuable football team and is valued at 3.44 billion-dollars followed by Barcelona at 3.2 billion-dollars.
According to CNN, Real, which boasts the talents of FIFA Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo, posted revenue of 675 million-dollars during last season, with an operating income of 172 million-dollars.
For the first time since Forbes began ranking the world’s most valuable soccer teams a decade ago, two Spanish teams, Real Madrid and Barcelona, have grabbed the top two spots. During the 2012-13 season Real Madrid generated revenue of $675 million–the most of any team in history in any sport–and are now worth $3.44 billion.
top 10 teams
- Real Madrid (3.44 bl dollars)
- Barcelona (3.2 bl dollars)
- Man United (2.81 bl dollars)
- Bayern Munich (1.85 bl dollars)
- Arsenal (1.33 bl dollars)
- Chelsea (868 ml dollars)
- Man City (863 ml dollars)
- AC Milan (856 ml dollars)
- Juventus (850 ml dollars)
- Liverpool (691 ml dollars)