India women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj is back in action. Recently, Mithali led her team to ODI series win against New Zealand on their own soil. And, on Friday, the stunning captain added another feather to her cap as she became the first women in history to play 200 ODIs when she walked out for the 3rd ODI against the White Ferns.
What Mithali has achieved today is really incredible and is something one can look on. Mithali beat former England captain Charlotte Edward’s to top the list. Apart from her brilliant batting, Raj is also the highest run-scorer in ODIs. On this occasion, here we see some of Mithali’s staggering list of achievements:
- Mithali is the leading run-scorer in women’s ODIs. At present, Raj has scored 6622 runs in the format which includes 7 hundred and 52 half-centuries and the recent one was scored in the 2nd ODI against the White Ferns.
- Mithali Raj also holds the record for most 50-plus scores in ODIs.
- Till now, the Indian women’s team has played 263 ODIs and Mithali has featured in 200 of them.
- Raj also has the highest batting average among players with 100-plus appearances; second highest among players with 50-plus appearances, behind only Australian captain Meg Lanning.
- Mithali has led the Indian women’s team 123 times so far. Behind her is former English captain Charlotte Edwards with 117.
- Mithali started her career back in 1999 and is now playing since 19 years and 218 days, which is the longest career span among women cricketers.
- During the run-chase against the White Ferns in the 2nd ODI, Mithali Raj went past former India men’s captain MS Dhoni in successful ODI run-chases in terms of average. While Dhoni averages a massive 103.07 in 73 innings, Mithali has gone one step ahead to average a mindboggling 111.29 in successful run-chases after 48 innings. Virat Kohli is third in the list.