Former Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Akhtar has denied making any statements on India vs Pakistan World Cup 2019 clash, which is in talks due to the boycott call from Indian side. After the Pulwama attack on CRPF soldiers by Pakistani-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad, there have been calls to snub the World Cup 2019 match against Pakistan.
Shoaib Akhtar had earlier told a Pakistan news channel that India has full right to pull out of the match. But now, he has denied making any statements on the issue blaming Indian media of spreading fake news. “I completely deny the false news by Indian media about my statement on Indian cricket team / World Cup 2019. I did not make any statement at all and Indian media is making it up. I condemn the loss of lives. Both countries should come to the table to resolve the issues,” he wrote on Twitter.
I completely deny the false news by Indian media about my statement on Indian cricket team / World Cup 2019. I did not make any statement at all and Indian media is making it up. I condemn the loss of lives. Both countries should come to the table to resolve the issues.
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) February 21, 2019
Earlier in an interview with Pakistani new channel, Shoaib Akhtar condemned the terror attack on CRPF jawans’ convoy at Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama and also suggested that Team India has full right to back out from the World Cup match against Pakistan, which is scheduled to be held in England and Wales. Akhtar had said, “They have a right to pull out. Their country was attacked and hence the decision. You cannot argue on that.”
Akhtar had also pointed out that BCCI has expressed their willingness of playing series against Pakistan but their government has refused every time. He also urged that India and Pakistan should start playing bilateral series’ as it would give them a chance to earn maximum money. Akhtar, like another former captain Shahid Afridi, stood by Prime Minister Imran Khan’s words and urged to keep politics away from sports.