Shanghai : Nico Hulkenberg denied reports that F1 drivers were threatening to go on strike over unpaid salaries, but he called for quick action to resolve the problem. Hulkenberg said it was “not good for the sport” that drivers were kept waiting for their wages and said discussions were underway to find a solution. Germany’s Sport Bild magazine claimed this week that several drivers for smaller teams, including Hulkenberg, who drove for Sauber last year, were still owed unpaid wages dating back to 2013.

It reported that the drivers’ union, the Grand Prix Drivers’ Association, had signed a document vowing to strike if the situation continued.Hulkenberg, third in the drivers’ standings with Force India after three races, was asked about a possible strike at the Chinese Grand Prix on Thursday and said firmly: “No that is not true.” He admitted, however, that unpaid wages were an issue for all the drivers.PTI

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in