Harsha Bhogle, the famous Indian cricket commenter, is celebrating his birthday today. Harsha, who started his commentator career with All India Radio at the early age of 19, turns 57 today. Other than being a commentator of cricket, Harsha is also a journalist and TV Presenter. Harsha is one of the best cricket commentator from India and his sense of homour during matches is widely appreciated among all. On his birthday today, we bring you a list of 20 quotes of Harsha, which prove that he is the ultimate star of cricket commentary.
1.During an India vs England Test match, Nasser Hussain said, “It is England but India has more support in the stadium, and the pitch is completely assisting your spinners. Says a lot about our hospitality, right?” To this Harsha Bhogle replied, “We let you rule our nation for so many years. I believe that’s the least you can do for us.”
2. Once Harsha took a jibe at umpire Rudi Koertzan’s lack of smiling. Harsha said, “Last time Rudi Koertzan smiled, there was peace in West Asia”.
3. There was a huge crowd shouting during India vs Pakistan 2015 World Cup match at Adelaide. On seeing this Harsha said, “Adelaide is in Australia just on map, otherwise it is in India and Pakistan”.
4. During a match between Indian and Australia, when the Sydney crowd was cheering ‘India India’, Harsha said, “If decibel level was a factor in winning a match, India won’t lose a single one ever.”
5. During a match between India and Australia, Gautam Gambhir was dropped two times at the slip on two continuous delivery. Harsha commented, “We should conduct a dream job in Australia and the winner will get to stand in the slip region”.
6. Once Dhoni called for head during toss and lost the toss. Then Harsha said, “MS Dhoni has yet again called for heads to the coin which has two tails”.
7. Once Indian veteran player Narendra Hirwani was coming into bat at no. 11 position. Commentator Ian Chappel asked Harsha if Hirwani could bat. To this, Harsha replied, “If you make a team with all the no. 11 of all the teams, Hirwani would still come at no. 11 in the line-up”.
8. When Cheteshwar Pujara was playing slowly in a T20 match, Harsha tried to explain how Cheteshwar Pujara is a fine Test player but the T20 format doesn’t suit him. “Pujara is a classical musician in the era of Yo Yo Honey Singh”, he said.
9. Once Ravindra Jadeja got a brilliant run-out of Imrul Kayes during a match between India and Bangladesh. Harsha said, “When Sir Ravindra Jadeja gets bored, he starts hitting the stumps.”
10. Once MS Dhoni sent a Mitchell Starc’s delivery to the boundary. To this Harsha said, “He had all the time in the World. He could have read a newspaper”.
11. Harsha once spoke about Glenn Maxwell’s batting. “He just loves to storm through. I guess if he had a car, he would probably start in the 4th gear”.
12. Once Michael Clarke got out at the slip during a match against India but he was still waiting for the umpire’s decision. Harsha took a jibe at him and said, “I think he is waiting for tomorrow’s newspaper to declare him out”.
13. Once Harsha took a jibe at Shakib Al Hasan’s slow bowling action. “Even the shadow would go faster than the ball”, Harsha said.
14. Similarly, he once also took a jibe at Rajat Bhatia’s slow bowling. Harsha said, “Any pace bowler has three pace variations – fast, medium and slow. But Rajat Bhatia has- slow, slower, slowest”.
15. Once Sachin Tendulkar got Shane Shillingford LBW. Harsha commented, “Long before Umpire Nigel Llong gave that out, 50000 people in the crowd did”.
16. During an ODI match, AB De Villiers started hitting from the very first ball. Harsha said, “Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. We are ready for the takeoff”.
17. During a match between India and New Zealand, Virendra Sehwag was storming the bowlers with his batting. Sehwag got dropped on a ball and Harsha said, “It’s that kind of the day, Sehwag can walk blindfolded across a busy highway and not get run over”.
18. Once Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni were playing at the end of the innings. Dhoni was blasting his way through, hitting bowlers to all ends and then Sachin got the strike and scored a boundary with a cover drive. Harsha said, “We have a surgeon on one end and Butcher at the other”.
19. Harsha once commented on Ravindra Jadeja’s funny haircut during a Test match and said, “It seems Jadeja was having a haircut and realized just after it started it wasn’t good, so left midway”.
20. Once Geoffrey Boycott tried to underestimate Sachin Tendulkar by saying, “Sachin may be a great batsman but he has never been on the Lord’s honours table”. To this Harsha replied, “So whose loss is it more, Sachin’s or the honours’ board?”
Harsha Bhogle, Harsha Bhogle quotes, Cricket commentator, Happy Birthday Harsha Bhogle, Harsha Bhogle birthday, Indian commentator