Jimmy Neesham and Nathan Coulter-Nile bowled exceptionally well to keep Mumbai Indians (MI) alive and kicking as they outclassed Rajasthan Royals (RR) by eight wickets in a low-scoring Indian Premier League (IPL) match in Sharjah on Tuesday.
New Zealand all-rounder Neesham (3/12) and Aussie Coulter-Nile (4/14) snapped seven wickets for only 26 runs in eight overs between them to choke Rajasthan for a meagre 90 for 9.
The five-time champions then knocked off the runs in 8.2 overs to go up to 12 points and more importantly improve their net run-rate to -0.048. This was also the biggest victory for MI in terms of balls left (70).
Check out the points table after this clash:
1. Delhi Capitals - 20 points (played 13, won 10) - Qualified
2. Chennai Super Kings - 18 points (played 13, won 9) - Qualified
3. Royal Challengers Bangalore - 16 points (played 12, won 8) - Qualified
4. Kolkata Knight Riders - 12 points (played 13, won 6)
5. Mumbai Indians - 12 points (played 13, won 6)
6. Punjab Kings - 10 points (played 13, won 5)
7. Rajasthan Royals - 10 points (played 13, won 5)
8. Sunrisers Hyderabad - 4 points (played 12, won 2)
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)