Virat Kohli struck a century while MS Dhoni smashed an unbeaten half-century to help India bag victory over Australia in the 2nd ODI at Adelaide. Needing 299 in the second innings, the massive target was a little difficult for the India but Virat and company took appropriate efforts to bring victory for the team. MS Dhoni finished the match in the final over with Dinesh Karthik at the other end. With the victory, India stand 1-1 with Australia in the three-match ODI series. Here are some of the interesting stats from the match to look upon.
- Virat Kohli smashed his 39th ODI century. This was also Kohli’s 64th century in international cricket. In the process, Kohli surpassed Kumar Sangakkara (63). Kohli is now behind Ricky Ponting (71) and Sachin Tendulkar (100).
- Virat Kohli leads the chart in hitting a century while chasing with 24. He is followed by Sachin Tendulkar (17), Chris Gayle (11) and Tillakaratne Dilshan (11).
- Kohli has now hit ODI five hundreds in Australia, a record jointly held by Kumar Sangakkara and Rohit Sharma.
- Openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan become the second Indian pair to complete 4000 partnership runs in ODIs after Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly. Overall, they are fourth.
- Mohammed Siraj now has the unwanted record of becoming second most expensive Indian bowler on ODI debut. Siraj gave away 76 runs in his 10 overs spell with no wickets. Karsan Ghavri holds the first spot with 83 runs against England in 1975.
- After stumping Peter Handscomb off Ravindra Jadeja, Dhoni now has 18 dismissals in form of stumpings on Jadeja’s bowling. The highest is with Harbhajan Singh (19 dismissals).