Victim was made to clean up crime spot

Mumbai : The Shakti Mills gang rape accused had the audacity to ask the victim to clean up the scene of the crime, before she was allowed to go. They also took two snaps of her on a cell phone and warned that if she reported them, they would release the photos on social networks. Later, they changed their clothes and discarded the ones they were wearing.

All this suggests they were not first-time offenders and may have sexually assaulted other

Victim was made to clean up crime spot

women in the past, suspect cops.

It is also learnt that the five men raped her in quick succession for 30 minutes. These horrific details were revealed when the accused were produced in the court on Sunday.

Three days after the gang rape, all the five accused in the case have been arrested.

Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali, a resident of Agripada in central Mumbai, was arrested in the wee hours on Sunday from Mumbai Central while his accomplice Siraj Rehman Khan (24) was arrested on Sarurday night. Both have been remanded in police custody till August 30.

The fifth accused, Salim Ansari, was arrested from Delhi by the Crime Branch sleuths. He is being brought to Mumbai.

Twenty-seven-year-old Ansari was arrested when he was on his way to a relative’s house in the Capital. Delhi Police sources claimed that the accused was trying to seek refuge at the relative’s place and was arranging to flee to Bangladesh via Kishanganj, Bihar.

Two others involved in the case were arrested earlier. Vijay Jadhav and Chand Babu Sattar Shaikh were produced in the court on Saturday, which remanded them in police custody till August 30. parade may not get vitiated.


Meanwhile, the victim’s mother has said, “My daughter and I are overwhelmed with the support given to us by police, media and public at large. We hope and pray for your continued support and campaign in the fight for justice for my daughter and women at large in India.”

“I have just one small request to all of you. Please continue to respect the privacy of my daughter,” the statement added.

Meanwhile, Mumbai Police is trying to trace the mobile phone used to shoot pictures of the crime.

The police told the court on Sunday that one of the accused, Kasim Bengali, was not co-operating with investigations. He was not disclosing where his friends and he had kept the mobile phone that was used to shoot pictures of the victim.

The police also told the court that they had recovered the broken beer bottle that the accused had used to threaten the victim with. The article was picked up from the scene of the crime.

The Magistrate asked Kasim Bengali and Siraj Khan when they were produced in the court whether they had any complaints against the police and whether they had hired any lawyers. Both replied in the negative.

The duo was brought to the court with their faces covered, so that the process of identification

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal