Transfers for Dindoshi  cops after Sena murder

The situation could have been avoided had the cops kept the accused, who had been causing law and order problems in the Dindoshi area for several months, in check

Mumbai : Four officers of the Dindoshi police station and the Assistant Police Commissioner (ACP) of the Dindoshi division got their transfer orders, following the murder of a Shiv Sena leader and the ensuing unrest in Dindoshi.

ACP Rajendra Kotak was transferred to the Local Arms (LA) department of the Mumbai police. Along with him, police inspector (PI) Arun Rajame, assistant PI Prasad Pitale and police sub-inspector Nitin Khairnar were sent to the LA department too. In addition, the senior PI Subhash Dafale of Dindoshi police station, who is also suffering from dengue, was sent to the Protection and Security department.

“The transfers has been ordered due to administrative reasons, following the murder case,” said joint commissioner (law and order) Dhananjay Kamalakar.

The accused in the case had been causing law and order problems in the area called Koth Dongri in Dindoshi for several months. The situation could have been avoided if those people had been kept in check by the cops.

After the transfer of the above five officers, new officers have been appointed to fill their posts.

According to deputy commissioner of police and police’s spokesperson, Dhananjay Kulkarni, after two days of unrest in Dindoshi caused by the murder of a local Shiv Sena leader Ramesh Jadhav, the situation somewhat mellowed down on Thursday. To keep the situation in check, additional forces of the State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) have also been deployed in the area.

After all the five accused were arrested in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, the police has determined that the immediate cause of the murder was an issue between the accused Jadhav’s neighbour. According to the local Deputy Police Commissioner Panjabrao Ugale, a young boy was staring at the accused angrily which upset them. “It angered the accused that the boy was looking at them angrily and they got into a big fight with his mother, Daya Trivedi. Jadhav intervened in the fight and tried to prevent it, but instead ended up being attacked and killed himself,” said Ugale.

Ugale also said that one of the accused, a minor is the same boy who had slashed his senior Nishant Shukla’s neck in school earlier this year on July 21. The other accused in the case are, Yusuf Sajid, 25, Sohail Ansari, 25, Gullu Sajida, 45 (the minor boy’s father), and Imran Kazi.

All five belong to the same family and have always had altercations with Jadhav for the past many months. Tuesday’s incident was perhaps the last straw after a string of several others. The deceased, Jadhav is survived by his wife, a two-year-old daughter and his mother.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in