Thane man dies after getting electrocuted

The man came near an open generator box of a power supply line and suffered a severe shock and collapsed.

PTIUpdated: Tuesday, September 06, 2022, 10:20 AM IST
article-image
Thane man dies after getting electrocuted | PTI/Representative

A 29-year-old man died after suffering an electric shock in Maharashtra's Thane district, fire officials said.

The incident took place around 9.30 am on Monday when Vijay Bodade was walking on a road near a school in Camp Number 4 of Ulhasnagar township, they said.

As he came near an open generator box of a power supply line, he suffered a severe shock and collapsed, a fire official said.

Some people rushed him to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the official said.

The body was sent to a government hospital for postmortem.

The Vittalwadi police registered a case of accidental death, the official said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Maharashtra govt to provide Rs 755 crore aid to affected farmers who do not meet criteria of heavy...

Maharashtra govt to provide Rs 755 crore aid to affected farmers who do not meet criteria of heavy...

Navi Mumbai: Man kills one, injures two for removing him from puja mandap

Navi Mumbai: Man kills one, injures two for removing him from puja mandap

Mira Bhayandar: Self proclaimed editor and three held in extortion bid

Mira Bhayandar: Self proclaimed editor and three held in extortion bid

Maharashtra govt to publish Dr Ambedkar's M. Sc thesis 'Decentralisation of Provincial Imperial...

Maharashtra govt to publish Dr Ambedkar's M. Sc thesis 'Decentralisation of Provincial Imperial...

Mumbai updates: NCP to hold meet in Shirdi on Nov 4-5

Mumbai updates: NCP to hold meet in Shirdi on Nov 4-5