Thane: Fire breaks out at factory in Asangaon, 12 fire engines rushed to spot
Photo Credit: BL Soni

A fire broke out at a plastic factory in the Asangaon area of Maharashtra's Thane district on Tuesday. Twelve fire engines were rushed to the spot to put out the blaze. More details are awaited.

Meanwhile, in another incident, at least 32 electric meters were completely destroyed after a fire broke out in an electricity meter box room of a housing complex in Maharashtra's Thane city in the wee hours of Tuesday. No injuries or casualties have been reported.

The fire broke out around 1.45 am in the power meter box room located on the ground floor of the residential building in the Kalwa area, Thane Municipal Corporation's Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam told PTI. Officials of the power supply company and police also reached the scene and a probe was underway to ascertain the cause of the blaze.

On March 7, four shops were gutted in a fire in a shopping complex in Maharashtra's Thane. The fire broke out in the shopping complex located in Noopur building at Lokpuram in Pawar Nagar area around 5 am. Four shops, including a mini-supermarket, a stationery store, and a boutique, were completely destroyed in the blaze.

(With inputs from Agencies)

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in