Mumbai  : A 27-year-old, who did not take the snake bite seriously, died of ignorance. The incident happened on August 12 when deceased Mayur Bhandari was showing off with a snake, which was caught by the residents of Charkop village.

The people who had caught the snake had kept it in a gunny bag. When people were about to leave it in the jungle, Bhandari approached them and took the gunny bag from them.

Bhandari opened the bag and when he was trying to remove it, the snake bit him. However, he did not pay attention to it and took the reptile out and started showing it to the people. People who saw him being bitten by the snake, told him to visit a doctor which he refused and sat with his friends.

As his condition worsened, his friends rushed him to a clinic in the locality from where doctors referred him to Shatabdi hospital where he collapsed moments after entering. After getting admitted, Bhandari died the same evening. The deceased was married three month before his death and has left his family in shock. Bhandari was the only son of his parents and has three elder sisters and wife. He was an employee of a local cable operator.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in