AFP PHOTO/Sujit Jaiswal
AFP PHOTO/Sujit Jaiswal

In what can be termed as a relief for Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, on Wednesday, a metropolitan magistrate dismissed for want of evidence a plea seeking action against the actor in 2012 Wankhede Stadium brawl.

According to Hindustan Times, the court accepted the closure report filed by the Marine Drive Police, which stated that Khan “did not manhandle and abuse in front of kids, and was not under the influence of alcohol”. The court, in the order referring to the statement of the security guard of the stadium, observed, “He did not know whether the accused (Khan) was under influence of alcohol or not. The accused did not abuse and manhandle witness Iqbal Shaikh. He also stated that the accused did not abuse in a filthy language in front of children. Children had already left the spot of the incident before the matter proceeded.”

On May 11, 2015, social activist Amit Maru moved court against the actor on the basis of the video of the brawl released on the internet. On this, the court asked the Marine Drive police station to probe the case. The video submitted to the court was of an incident that took place after his team Kolkata Knight Riders won a match against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede Stadium, in the video, Khan allegedly got into a brawl with security personnel. Shah Rukh Khan had that time denied fighting with the security staff and had claimed that security personnel pushed the children who were accompanying him, after which he shouted at him.

The court said that the activist did not submit a mandatory certificate under the IT Act while submitting a CD. The court also said that there is no report recognising the voice of the accused.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in