Nowadays, food apps have made lives easier as they deliver food at your doorsteps. Zomato, a food app, has again landed in trouble. A Zomato customer in Maharashtra’s Aurangabad got in shock after he noticed that the paneer chilly he ordered from the food delivery platform had plastic in it.
Sachin Jamdhare, a resident of Aurangabad had ordered paneer chilly from Zomato on his kids’ request, and when his daughter found it hard to chew the food, he noticed that the paneer chilly actually contained plastic. Jamdhare told ANI, “While eating the food, my daughter complained that it was hard. I checked and saw fibre in it”.
The owner of the restaurant, which prepared the food, has however blamed the Zomato delivery boy for the incident. Vikas Patil, the owner of the restaurant, has said the rider could have changed the food in between the delivery and has lodged a police complaint.
Earlier, in December 2018, Zomato had landed in trouble when a video had gone viral on social media where a delivery man, sitting on a bike wearing a Zomato T-shirt and with a Zomato delivery bag, was seen eating food on the way and then repacking it. When the video went viral, the company confirmed the man was working for them in Madurai (Tamil Nadu) and that he has been fired.