Mumbai: Walk-ins a success, more than one lakh beneficiaries get vaccinated

Pratip AcharyaUpdated: Friday, August 06, 2021, 12:12 AM IST
article-image

More than one lakh beneficiaries were administered with Covid-19 vaccines on Thursday, as the drive resumed after a one-day break at all civic and state government-run hospitals on Wednesday.

A total of 1,00,669 beneficiaries were inoculated, of which 57,518 were between 18 and 44 years and 29,466 were between 45 and 59 years. As many as 10,554 senior citizens were inoculated, along with 1,574 healthcare workers and frontline workers.

The figures also include, 146 lactating mothers, 37 pregnant women, 463 bedridden beneficiaries, 712 beneficiaries who will be travelling abroad, 78 specially-abled citizens and 121 beneficiaries without ID cards.

A total of 430 vaccination centres were active on Thursday and senior health officials said that the high footfall will continue on Friday as well.

“The decision to allow walk-ins on Thursday has garnered more footfall at vaccination centres,” said Suresh Kakani, additional municipal commissioner and in-charge of public health in the BMC.

“We had earmarked 70% of dose for patients who are due for their second dose. The remaining 30% patients were administered first dose, we are hopeful that by allowing more walk-ins, the footfall will increase. However the issue of stocks getting over is still of concern,” he said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Panvel auditorium 'housefull' for first time after COVID restrictions were lifted

Panvel auditorium 'housefull' for first time after COVID restrictions were lifted

Delhi: NCW seeks strict action against judge seen in 'explicit' video

Delhi: NCW seeks strict action against judge seen in 'explicit' video

Police says no evidence traceable in rape case against BJP MLA Ganesh Naik; files 'a summary' report...

Police says no evidence traceable in rape case against BJP MLA Ganesh Naik; files 'a summary' report...

Mumbai: BEST to launch 50 double-decker e-buses in a phase wise manner from Jan 14th, 2023

Mumbai: BEST to launch 50 double-decker e-buses in a phase wise manner from Jan 14th, 2023

Navi Mumbai cops arrest 8 for refilling, selling LPG cylinders in Kalamboli; seize materials worth...

Navi Mumbai cops arrest 8 for refilling, selling LPG cylinders in Kalamboli; seize materials worth...